Chapter 2 | Find you

It had been 7 years since you last saw sam, after the big incident with the old woman and nathan, you still dont know why they did that. You thought you'd never see sam ever again, you always wore the bracelet what he gave you on the last night you'd both seen each-other back at the abandoned mall. Of course you found out about "Nathan Drake" who was indeed Sams brother. You knew it was him because he was also a great explorer like Sam, you knew he didn't just get that family gene from anywhere. Once you found out about Nathan you contacted him straight away. You'd actually drove across the state just to see him. You were non-stop in contact after that, Nathan knew how close you were with Sam and that he was a close friend of yours. He also knew that there was a little more than that going on. Nathan told you about what happened with Sam, of course you didn't take it very well. After 7 years of trying to find him, he'd been dead all along. Nathan told you about the prison plan to get Nathan and Sam out of there, but Sam ended up getting Shot in the process. Nathan couldn't live with himself after that. Neither could you. Of course you loved exploring as much as Nathan did, he offered you to go on numerous trips with him, Elena and sully. Elena would always take Pictures of you with her camera. You enjoyed what you had so much that you ended up moving down to where Nathan and everyone was, you knew it was the right choice for you and your lifestyle. Of course that would mean more trips and exploring.

Elena: "hey can i ask about the bracelet?"
Y/n: "oh it was an old friend of mines, he gave it to me right before he left. Never took it off since"
Elena: "7 years huh"
Y/n: "how'd you know?"
Elena: "I can you read you like a book" *she chuckled* "it has something to do with Nathan's brother doesn't it?"
Y/n: "yeah he meant everything to me, we were very close"
Elena: "well don't worry, we're your family now"

You felt on top of the world, you had the best people around you who loved you and supported you. You even loved the fact that you managed to find Sams younger brother after 7 whole years! Of course then there was Sully who was more like a father figure to you then anyone else. Elena who was more like a sister, and Nathan who was definitely like a brother, he reminded you so much of Sam in various ways.
Your home was filled with photos from your trips, you had boxes of souvenirs of what you'd collected from your trips.

One day Nathan got a surprise that was definitely not expected.

??: "hey baby brother"
Nathan: "Sam!" *he hugged him*
Sam: "Hey take it easy" *he laughed*

They had their own discussion and Nathan told him about his trips, he told Sam about his wife Elena. He also told him about you...

Nathan: "And y/n, oh my god y/n you'll have to go see her"
Sam: *looks down in shock and looks back up*
"she really stayed in contact after all this time?"
Nathan: "she found me, she drove across a state to find me, she said she was looking for you"
Sam: *looked away in guilt and looked back* i can't believe it i thought she'd hate me after leaving for so long"
Nathan: "you need to see her"
Sam: "i'll go see her after this"

Sam obviously told Nathan about what was going on with Alcazar, even though it was a whole lie, to help with his secret deal with Rafe. Sam knew Nathan wouldn't go treasure hunting again but if it was for his brothers fate he would do it in an instant. Nathan obviously excepted this but didn't tell Elena he was going through with it.

Y/n was at her home near the coast, she was going through all the old photos of her trips and all the exploration she'd gone through with the team. She missed just exploring and having that adventurous life again but so did Nate. Of course it was all about the normal life style now. Maybe this one last trip could solve everything.

*someone knocking on the door*

Y/n goes towards the door and unlocks it, she opens it and sees the older man of what used to be the young teenage boy she once knew.

Sam: "hey Y/n"
Y/n: "SAM" *she gives him a huge long lasting hug
Sam: "hey i know i missed you too" *he laughs*
Y/n: "I thought you were dead" *you release the hug and look at him"
Sam: "well surprise"
Y/n: "come in make yourself at home"

You try to process what just happened, you hadn't seen sam in 7 years! of course it was a big moment for the both of you.

*sam sees all your photos of your trips and souvenirs of what you'd collected over the years*

Sam: "well you've been busy"
Y/n: "yeah it's been quite a time"

Sam looks at your wrist and noticed the bracelet you've still been wearing for the amount of time you'd not seen each other. He remembers the moment he gave it to you back on the roof.

Sam: "you still have it"
Y/n: "yeah i do"

You both have a talk and catch up, however you both don't know where you both stand now, you used to have a connection between the both of you and going back to that kiss you both shared at the mall. However that was 7 years ago and a lot can happen in 7 years. You'd have to build your friendship back up to the point where it was 7 years ago. Although you both were still close, you needed more catching up than just a conversation.

Sam told you about his plan with Nathan and that you were free to come with them if you'd want the adventure. Especially with you hungry for adventure in the first place. Although Elena had no idea of the topic and you would never want to let one your close friends down.

Sam: "so are you in?"
Y/n: "hell yeah"
Sam: "great, so uh what else have you been doing while i've been gone?"
Y/n: "let's see, uhh well when you left i still lived with my parents, it was until 3 years after i left and got my own place. Then I heard about Nate and i went across the state to find him, then it made me realise i wanted to move here..."
Sam: "ah i see"
*you both stare at each other*
Y/n: "what?"
Sam: "it's crazy your still the same person you were 7 years ago"

*you look at him and say*

Y/n: "oh really because i don't think you've changed one bit" *you say sarcastically*

*you pause for a moment*

Y/n: "like uh what happened to your hair?"

Sam definitely changed in the 7 years you hadn't seen each other, looks wise not personality wise. He still had the same sarcastic humour he had 7 years ago. But he'd definitely grown up.

Sam: "hey that was harsh" *he laughed*
Y/n: "well don't worry there's more where that came from" *you smirk*

*Sam looks at you*

Y/n: "your welcome to stay the night"
Sam: "you know what that doesn't seem that bad"

You both sleep that night ready for the big day tomorrow with Nathan and Sully. You thought to yourself how great it was to have your long lost friend back that you'd thought you never have again.