Chapter 2: Can we not throw kids out a window?

Taking care of a pet alone is really hard. Taking care of 5 unique animals is something else.

And having 4 friends who can barely take care of themselves and looking after a pet was one of the most challenging things that Kottons found to exist.

The pets wanted some of them to run around the large world, giving more of an exercise to the theorists than they had gotten in their whole lives.

"Are we there yet?" Nova complained, watching as the group had to navigate through a ton of people.
"No Nova, we aren't" Luna replied after realizing no one else would. They pushed through the crowd, their pets that are too big to be carried following behind.

"Stop giving me trading requests" Fox had groaned, pushing past people. "I don't have anything you need. Or want"

"You're finally a teen!" Cara sighed out of relief, laying down on the ground.
"Finally, but the rest of us are like halfway through our teen stages" Nova giggled, watching as Cara muttered under her breath.

"Why don't we just wait for Cara to catch up, then continue? Who knows what happens if we don't" Luna reasoned, trying not to laugh at Cara's dramatic expression.

"Nah nah it's fineeeee" Nova whined, gaining a few glances from individuals who weren't already staring at the odd group of 5.

"What the fuck are you guys looking at?" Cara spat, flipping them off with one hand as a unicorn rested in the other. A small child walked up to her, quietly tapping her shoulder.

"What do you need, child." Cara asked, eyes looking at the grabby hands the kid was making to her pet. Her pet.

"No. Go away," she muttered, closing her eyes and humming. The child scowled,
"I'll get my dad to punish you. He's the owner of this town"

"Aw, I'm so scared of a 3 year old" She cooed, grinning at the sound of both Fox and Nova laughing behind her. There was no doubt that Kottons and Luna were both giving disappointed mother faces.

"I'm 6!"

"Bitch do I look like I give a fuck? You're 3 now" Cara shot back within mere milliseconds, causing Fox and Nova's laughter to become louder.

The proclaimed 6 year old kept talking, Cara paying them no mind anymore. Until Fox stepped in, gripping the kid's arm tightly.

"Little girl, shut up before I commit an act of defenestration." Fox had ordered this, not expecting anyone to understand. Until a shaky wheeze erupted from Cara's lips, the girl laughing on the ground like her life depended on it.

"What- What does that mean?" Luna asked, not understanding what the word meant.
Cara wheezed, trying to speak through her laughter, "She's gonna throw the kid out a window..." She wheezed harder watching as Nova came to a similar state as her.

"So basically yeeting the kid out the window?" Kottons asked, not meaning to be funny. However, it caused the two already laughing and Fox to erupt in a louder fit.

At this point, the kid looked horrified, running away as quickly as possible once Fox let go of their arm. Nova waved, a small cheer of "Don't come back!"

And with that, they stopped dying of laughter and got back on track. Whether it was an hour, a day, or a week of this torture Kottons didn't know, but it had definitedly been a while.

It was the most exercise she had done in her life, she swore. Being a theorist meant there was little time for things of that sort. She signed up for that. She didn't want this. At all.

"Look at that" Luna exclaimed, the bright light covering all of their pets arose and faded, revealing all of them to be adults. "We beat it. What now?"

As if that was a trigger, a green portal appeared under them, the group as a whole making a large yelp sound (the loudest person was Nova, but she'll never admit it) as they fell in. They tumbled and flew until landing on a hard metal platform.

"This isn't home..." Nova pouted, looking at the blue sky that surrounds them.

"No shit Sherlock." Cara glanced at Nova slightly, stepping towards her. Fox looked around, stepping towards the edge and sitting down.

The view was ordinary. A stable island with normal places. A few houses, a playground, and a small school for the kids. It was... beautiful. Like Home in a way. But the resting bitch face that normally plagued someone else's face, for example Cara's, was on Fox.

Neutrality was a scam. Something she had put on for ages, but the minute she needs it- it falls apart. An expensive little scam.

Look Guys I exist! Thank you Kottons for editing my dumb shit. Kottonss_

~Cara