content

Bo Burnham: Inside

I looked at the title which had taken over my feed. The cover was quite vague, an empty room, a fan and some music instruments. A piano huh, I don't remember the last time I ever played the one my gramps owned back in Beaufort. It has been almost thirteen years since I've been in South Carolina. The last time was when we buried the old man. I still remember just looking at old man as he laid peacefully in the casket.

I sighed and grabbed another donut from the bunch I had acquired as a bonus from my job in a Fast-food joint. Weird right? Not for me though. I was used to this by now. After all who would care for a person who messes up half the time he is on job.

Glad I got Netflix though, it helps keep me going.

I had never heard of this dude, not even once. But he was definitely all over twitter. When was the last time there was this uproar for a comedian?

2000's I guess. People actually had time back then. I still remember scheduling my shows so I am not able to miss one. Reminiscing about my past puts me at ease. It was wonderful, friends help me carry on.

Now twitter and reddit have took over the internet. Times have changed.

I guess, I'm still living back in time.

It's no use though. My wonderful past is now what it is, past. It has no relation with my present and will not matter what happens in my future.

I pushed these thoughts aside as I pressed the TV remote opening the special.

Content - 1:36

I looked at the screen as a guy entered the room. The same room as that in title screen. Hmm...a blackout. Then the music began.

As the song came to an end I was surprised, I actually liked the ending bit. The start was well, alright. It won't hurt to listen one more song right?

I pressed the play and the second song began.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got up and stretched, stifling a yawn as I switched of my television. I walked to my fridge grabbing a can of soft drink. I should do my beard...it has grown too much. I also have to cut my hair. I mean I did book a haircut last month but it got rescheduled to this week but I was in no mood to go. I mean I don't think it would matter considering no one looks at me. Ha, that's a joke. Did you really think a person like me have no well-wishers?

This is due to the damn pandemic. Who would have thought I will spend the entire year locked in home? Well at least I have work to do, the only thing keeping me from becoming homeless is some burgers and donuts.

I picked up the shirt which was lying on my shirt and put it on my naked self. The pants aren't fitting anymore. Well, nothing new there. It was the same yesterday too.

It would be the same sad day every day. Nothing interesting.

I should probably try sitting down and writing down some jokes. Try to be a man like Bo...yeah that would be fun.

It's boring you know.

Getting up, sitting down, going back to work, this has become kind of a schedule for me. I wish I had a daddy who would just feed me with my favourite burritos, but guess I was too much for him. Well, he surely must be wondering where his son is, I don't think he would like the fucked-up shit I have become.

Nah...he is the one fucked up for leaving me and Ma.

A real piece of shit he is...

Fuck... the day is too bad right now.

But it isn't bad to stay inside, right?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________