Back To You

based on "Back To You" (English Version)" by Kun & Xiaojun

(also took some inspiration from the Chinese lyrics!)

(Happy Birthday Xiaojun! 🥳)

You couldn't believe this was happening.

You just slept through your alarm! How even- ???

This is what happens when you start binge watching cat videos at night damn it.

You aggressively pull the covers off you and jump out of bed, quickly rushing to the bathroom to get ready. You were lucky you got your bag and outfit ready the night before in case you had to rush out the next morning. However, there was no time to make breakfast today so you just decided to pick some up at the train station if you were lucky. Doing one last check around your apartment, you quickly put your shoes on and make your way to the train station.

You're practically legging it to the station at this point. Thoughts running through your mind on how on earth you managed to sleep through your alarm. You always had the volume turned up all the way so it boggled you how it didn't wake you up.

As you were frantically making your way, you quickly took a glance at your watch to see if you could still make your usual train. However, while doing so you accidentally bumped onto the back of a stranger. You grunt at the contact while the stranger jumps slightly, still managing to hold his bike steady in one hand and his phone in the other; startling him mid way through his phone call it seems like. He turns around and you immediately bow your head in apology

"oh my god i'm so sorry"

You look at him for a few moments, maybe slightly longer than you would. Looks like you got a bit distracted by his gorgeous face and it seems like he did too as he stood still for a moment until you continued to make your way to the station. The stranger turns back and chuckles slightly at your figure as you leg it to the station before going the opposite direction to you.

The next morning, thankfully you managed to wake up on time to do your usual routine instead of having to rush around your apartment like a maniac.

As you make your way to the station, a bell startles you out of your thoughts. You move to the side a bit to make way for them. You turn your head to the side and catch a glimpse of the rider, quickly realising that it was the same person you bumped into yesterday. He startles you a bit as he makes eye contact with you. Seems like he recognises you too and you both bow in unison before riding on ahead of you.

For the next 2 weeks, you and the stranger continue to greet and bow to each other. Giving small smiles to each other but never striking up a conversation since either you're rushing to the station because of an unheard alarm or both of you just seemed to want to make it to work on time. You're hoping that the stranger is actually going to work and not a random creep stalking you.