01 ㅡ it was fine until you showed up

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"you don't know how much you are gonna regret this, son." the groggy voice of his father echoes throughout the marble design of the hallway as soon as YANG JUNGWON swings the big dark oak doors open. the warning tone is prominent and it's not hard to figure out that his father does not want him to leave.

"we both know that you do not have full control of your persona yet." his father's gaunt figure suddenly appears in the middle of the hallway, already accentuating his dreary presence that is half hidden by the shadow of the half open doors. "you are gonna cause chaos out there."

a sigh leaves jungwon's lips, notably tired of having to explain his cause once again. "mother is sick. i am not just gonna stay here in lurid and do nothing." he watches with attentive eyes to see any change on his father's facial expression at the mention of his human wife's situation - but is immediately filled with dismay when he doesn't see any. "i will be back when everything is alright."

silence fills the distance between the son and father. the tension is unbearable for jungwon and he wants out but can't seem to pull himself out of it.

"you don't have to."

with a monotonous expression, his father turns his back and gradually disappears when he makes a turn to the right. jungwon watches him do so with slight affliction at his father's - possibly last - statement.

jungwon finally steps out, shutting the door to the manor and his life in lurid behind him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

it doesn't take long for jungwon to settle back into his humble humane life that he left when he was around six years old - much to his human mother's dismay.

he was taken to lurid by his pureblooded vymos father to teach him about his other life - something that doesn't involve humans. there in vladren, he got to master his ability, telekinesis, at a very young age and was praised by his vymos relatives. he was proudly shown off by his father who also seemed to keep inviting people over the manor just so they could see his son's tricks - sometimes by force. however, jungwon showed them all what he can in the name of his father's love.

"welcome back my favourite nephew!" jungwon's aunt was the one to greet him with a heartwarming hug as soon as he steps inside his home here in seoul. "you're so handsome now, my goodness! i could've never imagined!" amidst his flusterness, he thanks his aunt.

"where is mother?"

his aunt's face drops at the mention of her younger sister. "in itaewon." jungwon can't help but feel disappointed to the fact that he actually hoped that she'd be there. "she said that she was gonna be here to welcome you and i called her numerous times but she didn't pick up. i'm sorry, dear."