06 ㅡ so it was you this whole time

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the air feels different tonight - is what jungwon has been thinking the whole walk. he's almost halfway home, deciding to take another route this time.

weirdly enough, the wind blows unexpectedly hard all of a sudden - catching jungwon off guard but he calms down right after.

what is this feeling?

he can't quite shake it off.

something clicks in his mind. then jungwon realises.

it's here again.

jungwon can't help but roll his eyes in frustration. despite taking another route, this bothersome presence stalking him is uber persistent.

tonight, he decided that he's not gonna do anything about it and hopes that they're just gonna get bored and leave him alone.

but something's off.

really off.

it's energy.. is quite different.

it's.. more menacing and a lot stronger than usual.

jungwon feels it near closer and he realises that his mother and aunt, who are both at home, are gonna be in danger if he continues.

and there is absolutely no way he's going to let it touch them.

without raising obvious suspicion, he closes his eyes and opens them back up - now piercing red, skin a lot paler than usual and his fangs grow out.

it was way too fast for the presence to comprehend - that jungwon fully turned to his persona and starts sprinting after it.

everything in sight turns to a linear blur, buildings and lights. the wind that cold blows against jungwon's face does not affect his determined, unmoving eyes set on this black silhouette of his nightstalker.

the chase is messy, stuff are thrown at his direction in order to hinder him - but jungwon is not a pyre descendant if he doesn't use his ability to swish them all away from his sight.

it's a wonder that he has not spotted a single civilian yet ㅡ not that they would notice anything other than a zap of shadows then stuff crashing down.

but then.. he realises that he's being lead to an unknown area.

dark and eerly quiet.

"..shit.." he mumbles to himself - but with one powerful leap, he catches on to the presence and knocks them down to the ground with a loud thud.

both of them roll back to their feet but the presence's face covering falls off, back facing jungwon.

"who are you?! what do you want?!" he rasps, knees bent slightly if any action is to happen.