☆| you're my star

Amity's POV (3rd Person)

Amity swallows nervously as she digs the toe of her shoe into the ground, standing at the edge of the property of the owl house. "You can do it, you can do it, you can do it." she mutters to herself under her breath. "You've already asked her out and you've been officiallyーdatingーfor a week now. Dating. . ." She sighs with a small dreamy smile as her cheeks color bright red, thinking of Luz. Her sweet, silly, reckless lil Luz. . . Hex, she loved that human so much.

"HIIIIII AMITYYY!! Come to see your GF hoot hoot?" Hooty shoots up out of the ground.

"Ahhh!" Amity shrieks and beats the. . . worm bird demon thing. "You have to stop doing that!"

"But I thought you liked me since I got you and Luz together hoot hoot," Hooty chirps before burrowing back under the ground.

Amity shakes her head and looks down at the bouquet of flowers in her right hand. Special and magical flowers, native to the Boiling Isles, of course. And they were obviously not going to attack her dating partner as some wildlife here does stuff like that. And in her other hand, a picnic basket where she took. . . Well we'll say some time and risk to make something Luz could actually digest. Cooking was not her strong suit.

"Alright Blight, you can do this."

She walks to the front door, where the house decides to keep his mouth shut this time. Raising her hand, she raps on the door softly.

"BOW BEFORE MーOh, hey Amity. Ready to become one of my minions and bow to me?" King looks up at her, a bear stuffie tucked in his little arm.

Amity manages to laugh, although somewhat nervously. "Maybe another day." she pets his head gently before looking around. "Where's Luz?"

"Did someone say my name? Because here Iー" Luz comes rushing down in her otter onesie, stopping and blushing as she catches sight of Amity. Her purple hair shines and her eyes are bright, and she's all done up in a pretty black dress, a bouquet of deep blue and purple flowers with a silver shimmer in their unopened petals. "Am," she finishes quietly, before her eyes widen and her face goes completely red now, this time in embarrassment as she looks down at what she's wearing. "O-oh, um, I-" Luz stammers, causing Amity to smile and look over her human fondly. "I look soー"

"Perfect. My perfect Luz. . ." Amity sighs dreamily, and Luz's head pops up and her eyes widen. "O-oh! I mean- I didn't- I didn't say anything- I uh- should probably- leaveー" the witch turns to leave but halts when she hears her girlfriend call for her.

"Wait, Amity. . . Don't go. I uh. . ."

Amity turns around. "Well I was um, gonna ask you to go on a picnic date with me. . ."

Luz's eyes widen again and she blushes, smiling. "I would love to. But first. . . I'll go change."

"I think you look perfect- I mean! No I don't ahaha- wait- I do but- Nevermind me if you want to change you can." she laughs nervously, face going her famous Amitymato™ again.

Luz blushes and nods before scurrying to her room and throwing on a pair of nice pants and a dark purple dress shirt, smoothing her hair back. She dashes back down to meet her crush. "I'm ready. I know I don't look as good as you but. . . I hope it's okay?" she bites her lip nervously.

Amity almost drops the flowers and basket she's holding. "A-absolutely beautiful. . . Uhm. These. Are for you." She sticks out her hand that has the flowers. "It took a while, but I found a type of flower that won't harm you, Luz."

"Awwww. . . Thanks Amity!" she grins, sniffing them. "Oh, they smell like fresh night air. What are they called?"

"Astra Flowers. . . You'll see why later," the witch smiles and takes her crush's hand. "Now, come on, let's go!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Night had fallen by the time they reached the destination the youngest Blight had chosen for their date. They sat near the edge of a cliff, overlooking the sea. "Wow," Luz breathes. "It's beautiful." She smiles at her girlfriend.

"Like you," Amity blushes softly, beginning to set up the picnic, being careful to not spill anything.

"¡Huele delicioso!" Luz inhales with a grin. "Oh Amity, you made tacos! But. . . How'd you manage to do this?"

"It. . . wasn't easy." the Blight girl admits, cringing slightly as she recalls the. . . adventures of cooking. "But, anything for my human," she says, slightly teasingly. Luz blushes before they dig in, laughing and chatting as they eat. As they finish, they reach over for a napkin and their hands touch. Covered in taco grease but still you know, somewhat romantic. Who says tacos aren't romantic?

They blush and stumble over their words before Amity ends up with the napkin and Luz grabs another. They're silent as ✨lesbian love-struck thoughts✨ run through their heads.

After a few moments, Luz pipes up,

"The flowers. You said I'd see something about them later. . ?"

"Oh! Right. . ." the lesbian blushes and puts them gently into Luz's hands. "It'll be in just a few moments. . . Any minute now. . ."

The flowers suddenly but gradually open up, and the silver bits grow brighter as the flower fully blossoms. The glowing silver shimmers as it releases and slowly floats up to the sky.

"Stars," the short-haired bisexual breathes. "They're. . . Beautiful."

"Like you." Amity traces her finger on her girlfriend's cheek. "You're my star."

(Aaaaand that's a wrap! How'd ya like my first lumity oneshot? I really love them and I can't wait to write more in the future, and of course, I know I need to update my other stuff. Votes, comments, and adding to your lists of reading is much appreciated. I love you flames ❤ -Ash)