Three

*flashback*

The Kapoors stared at Anika's face, their own expressions vacant and blank when the ghoonghat of the bride was taken off of her face. There was only one thing that had led to Tia not being the bride on the day of the wedding.

Of course not, that would be rubbish. The jumbled thoughts of Mrs. Kapoor were audible enough through her mumbling to catch the attention of Pinky who had made sure her husband had pushed the servants and press out of the room.

"Whats are you saying Mrs. Kapoor?" she looked at her, her face puffy from anger and surprise she had just received.

"Tia bhaag gai. Bagair kisi explanations ke. Bagair kisi reason ke. Sirf aik note choor ke" Shivaay's voice boomed through the animosity that had filled up inside the room. "Yahi batana chaa rahi hoon gi?!" he mocked Mrs. Kapoor's blank expression.

trans. [Tia ran away. Without an explanation. Without a reason. She just left a note behind her.]

             [Is that what you've been trying to say?]

Pinky's attention shifted from Anika's face towards Shivaay. It appeared as if the dynamics had changed drastically with the words that echoed in the empty room. Tej appeared as if he would burst out laughing while Jhanvi's expression of somberness stuck. Rudra wanted to say something out loud in regards to the universe working against 'SHITIA' but Om's heavy hand on his arm was enough to stop him off from uttering anything.

Shakti looked genuinely troubled to see the hesitancy of embracing a decision as such on his son's face while Pinky couldn't believe that in a moment of humiliation, her son chose to buy the girl who had unintentionally helped the family through the worst obstacles in recent days instead of telling any member of the family about the debacle.

She refused to accept that her son would stoop so low. He was her son. He prided himself with the lineage his father provided and the wealth brought in through days of hard work but her son, the proof of her upbringing in contrast to Jethani ji's neglectful upbringing couldn't result in something so disastrous.

"Mein Anika ko kal hi divorce de dunga. Lawyers se baat already ho chuki hai." he added seeing the contrasting flaming faces in front of him.

trans. [I am going to divorce Anika. I've already spoken to the lawyers.]

"Tia?" Mrs. Kapoor mumbled a bit louder than before catching Dadi's attention while Om continued ramparting Shivaay with the worst decision he has taken of his life. Dadi looked at Anika's face, her eyes lit with fury and her jaw trembling with the restraint of lashing out while looking at Mrs. Kapoor.