PART 8

"Are you sure you're really okay?"

You can't help but to feel worried while treating Kakucho's wounds. You gently wipe the wound on the side of his lip with a cotton ball.

After Kakucho get you from Sanzu, you don't know what happened next. You just woke up seeing Kakucho beaten up so you're too worried maybe because of what happened earlier.

Sanzu already told you that he is the one who's holding your life so maybe he got angry when Kakucho get you from him.

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

You looked down.

"I'm sorry. Because of me, you and Sanzu fought."

"Don't be sorry. He's an asshole."

You looked up and looked at Kakucho.

"He beat you up because-"

"Ssh. I said don't be worried about me. You should be worried about yourself. Are you okay?"

You averted your eyes from him.

To be honest, you're not feel okay at all. You still remember what happend to those men that Sanzu had killed.

You can still hear their voice. They are killed while begging for their lives.

You just felt your tears flow when you remembered your patients who begged you to heal them and help them live.

The fact that you're a failure as a doctor because you're trying your best to save them but you still ended up sending them to their death.

"Are you really a doctor? I thought my son was okay? Why did my son die?"

"You are considered as a relative of the owner and the best doctors here but you are like that?"

"I-I'm so hopeless," you whispered and moved away from Kakucho a little to wipe the tears from your eyes.

"H-Hey... are you really okay?"

You nodded.

"I'm fine. I only remember the patients I had in the hospital. While they're loving their lives, the others take it easy."

Kakucho was stunned.

"Did you know?" your said. "I know that from the moment I came here, I can die anytime or any time you want to. I also know that you are a member of a criminal organization and it is really normal for you to kill."

You closed your eyes when Sanzu's happy look while killing enters your mind.

"I-I just don't understand Sanzu," you admitted. "W-Why does he have to show me how brutal he is when he kill? I'm so sick to see people begging for their lives but being killed mercilessly."

"Y/N..."

"Don't they deserve a second chance?" you asked.

You know that they kill people but you don't expect that Sanzu will let you see how brutal they can be.

Kakucho sighed.

"This is the reason that I've told you. Sanzu is really different from us. Among us, that was his normal routine. There's nothing we can do about it because the time we've been together, he's already like that."

You just nodded.

You want to hate Sanzu for what he did. You saw it on your two eyes that he can easily kill people.

He can kill everyone whenever he wants.

You want to loath him.

But you can't understand what's stopping you.