one.

YOONGI FOCUS

YOONGI FOCUS

late night hours in a police office fucking suck.

G-CITY has never been a calm, law-abiding city, leading to the city police department working double time when dusk turns to dawn.

coffee machines whir on for 24/7 while the employees survive by its bitter goodness. it takes countless mints and cigarette breaks to cover up the strong smell of the drink.

detective min yoongi is currently taking a nap in his personal office, making a makeshift bed with two desk chairs.

being in the office at this time isn't too bad when the naps feel this nice.

*knock knock*

his peaceful slumber was ruined by a loud noise at the door. yoongi quietly grumbles an 'oh fuck off' while slowly waddling to the tall quartz door. greeted by a face with a smile, one that holds a slight grimace.

must've been a rough night for sergeant kim namjoon.

damnit why isn't ms.manoban?

"yoongi-ssi i assume you were working hard due to such a delayed response to my knocking"

"you know it sir, this police department certainly has the hardest working detectives"
yoongi quips back.

their work relationship has always been playful despite the clear role difference, namjoon being his boss and yoongi being his worker. the two find slight comfort in eachother even at stressful times like these.

"as much as i want to continue with this friendly banter, i've got a new case for you and it's important"

ignoring the emphasis namjoon put on important he replied back.
"and you couldn't send this case to my assistant? why must you barge in to my office without any warnings"

"yoongi. please let me talk to you personally about this case. go get me a seat and stop being cranky"

this kinda scared yoongi, he dropped the honourifics. maybe he should listen, even if he was a bit agitated at the sudden meeting.

"yes sir"

yoongi hurriedly got the two chairs and put them back in their respective places, then sat down in his comfy office chair. all this happening while namjoon stared in a neutral manner but holding back a subtle snicker due to yoongi's sloppy actions. his nap caused him to be a bit sluggish when moving around.