chapter forty-eight

season two ; episode two { The Heist }
chapter forty-eight

season two ; episode two { The Heist }chapter forty-eight

BROOKLYN HATED THE RAIN AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME. Usually she adored watching the rain trickle down her window and she would love to listen to the pattering of it outside while she slept. Right now the rain wasn't exactly ideal as her and her three best friends were currently standing in an alleyway to catch this man who flew the plane and the man who knows more about what happened on the tarmac with the Sheriff.

Her clothes were sticking to her body, her hair was in her eyes and the wind sure didn't make it better.

She stood up and looked over the fence with Kiara standing besides her. Pope was holding a camera up to the construction site where Ward wanted to meet Gavin. They wanted to see if they could catch anything that could be used as evidence to perhaps clear John B's name and get him back home.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?" JJ asked Pope who was completely protected from the rain thanks to the hood of his hoodie. Lucky bastard.

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto." Kiara and Brooklyn shared a look, a look of utter confusion. "It allows me to get a close image from far away."

"Lord of the dorks."

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." He lifted it up to show Kiara who just averted her eyes back to the scene.

"There he is." JJ pointed out Ward who was running down the street with the duffel bag in his arms. "Yo, get down." The four of them ducked but Pope still held the camera up over the fence.

"And there's Gavin." Gavin and Ward rushed into the site to get away from the rain. "Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Ward and Gavin had disappeared off camera and now into the building. "No, no, no, no. I'm losing him."

JJ looked for another way to get a better look. "Hold on." He whistled over to the group once he spotted something they could climb up. "Hey. I found something. Come here."

They followed the blonde and climbed up the ladders. "Hurry. Don't want to miss anything."

Once they were safe up on the roof, they had a clear view of Ward and Gavin. Pope set up his camera and began to record the two men. "Are you getting it?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them."

Brooklyn rubbed away the rain running down her forehead and into her eyes to get a better view. "What did he just hand him?"