chapter forty-nine

season two ; episode two { The Heist }
chapter forty-nine

season two ; episode two { The Heist }chapter forty-nine

SHE WOKE SAFELY IN JJ'S ARMS. She looks over, his hair tousled, his nostrils flaring slightly, matching his slow, breathing pattern in his sleep.

She snuggles up against him, chest to chest, her heartbeat slowly catching up to his, as if their bodies reacted simultaneously to their warm touch.

Both of their bodies are buried under the covers, yet she can see his silhouette from the dim light peering in. The light made body shine, very little beads of sweat glistening on his small forehead. His lips, softer than the softest thing you can think of.. She couldn't think of anything better to do than kiss him.

She traces her fingers along his trapezius muscle, then down to his deltoids.

She kisses his cheek lightly, and she closes her eyes for a second, silently inhaling and exhaling. When she opens them, she sees him slowly opening his eyes, like a baby opening its eyes for the first time. A smile slides across his face, his gorgeous blue eyes staring back at her.

She presses her chest against his, her heartbeat starting to pace with his again. She grabs his hand and intertwines her fingers with his. Their lips meet at the slightest and softest touch, then they part.

"Good morning, beautiful." She hears his voice say. She was so engulfed in his passion for him, that she doesn't even realize his lips moving. She smiles at him, playing with his hair lightly.

"I love you.." She says, slowly. "All the things they say about love, it's true.. You know how I know? Because I get to wake up in your arms every morning. You prove it to me every single day, by not doing a single thing, except being here in the morning. That's all you have to do, and my day is already going to be just fine."

He smiled, and kissed her nose. "I think you're my soulmate." He said.

"What makes you say that?" She asked curiously.

"Well, I love you. You wanna know why? Because I don't have to work at being happy when I'm with you. Any time with you is the right time. Nothing is ever wrong if you're by my side. What I feel for you seems so inhuman at times. You make me into this person I've never been before, a person I'm proud to be. The same me that I love, you love as well... that's amazing. You're not the easiest person to love, but you're my soul-mate because you're the twin to my soul. What I feel for you is deeper than the heart, the mind, the whole body... deeper than this room, this house, this neighborhood, this state, this country... even this whole world."

Brooklyn was always honest in the morning, she and JJ thought it would be a good idea to keep their spark alive by talking about their feelings every morning. She and him would lay together in the morning and talk for hours about the other person, to talk about their feelings and their love for each other. It was bittersweet.