● Chapter 2 ●

My body no longer responds, the scene that is unfolding freezes my blood to the point that my vision begins to blur. Ayumi is in front of Shu, trying somehow to get him to talk, if only to get a single word from him. Free, him, looked at the scene from the park entrance with horrified eyes, holding Yumi by the hand. As for Lui, I could feel his anguish from where I was. Yumi walked towards us calmly, she looked at me and said curtly...

- He needs to be alone; you should let him breathe.

- Yumi... Said Ayumi looking at her completely disturbed.

- I'm going home with Shu; it will allow him to take a walk and calm his emotions. You should do the same.

With these words, Yumi left, and Shu followed her without even giving us a single look. I would never have thought that Ayumi's sister would be so mature, after all she is only six years old. And yet, I could feel how serious she was in her words. We waited a long time in complete silence, all disturbed by what we had just seen. It wasn't when Free decided to speak that the silence was broken...

- And now, what do we do?

- I don't know... Lui whispered.

- I'm going to see his parents. Ayumi tells us spontaneously.

- We shouldn't... I mean, you heard what Yumi said, we should leave him alone and... Started Free.

- And what?! We're going to pretend like nothing happened?! We just found Shu with his face scarred after three months and none of you want to know what happened to him?! Valt, you are his best friend. Don't tell me you don't want to know what hurt him! Ayumi cut angrily. I could feel his rage, deep down I wanted to know the reason.

- You're right... I can't sit idly by, but I can't help Shu if I don't know what happened to him. I answered.

- In that case, let's go. You know the address.

We were there, Shu's apartment. I remember those times when I came to his house after school and all the evenings we spent together. His parents were so used to me coming that they were never surprised to see me at their house again. After all this time, I didn't think I could be so afraid to knock on their door. But still, my hand bumped the door several times until a white-haired lady opened it.

- H-Hello Mrs. Kurenai... I stutter.

- Valt... It's been a long time, what can I do for you? His mother asked me.

- We would like to speak with you. Ayumi replied.

- It's about Shu. Pursued Free.

His gaze changed in an instant upon hearing her son's name, it sounded like he had been told that someone had died. She let us in without saying a word. As I walked inside, I noticed that the apartment hadn't changed at all. Apart from the fact that all the mirrors are covered with white sheets. Shu's mother looked at Ayumi and me before telling us to join her in her office. She knows that Ayumi and I had a strong bond with Shu, and she had never seen Lui and Free before, that's explains why she only wants to talk to the two of us. We followed her into the office where she took the time to close the door tightly and settle behind her desk before speaking.

- You wanted to talk to me about Shu, right?

- Yes, we would like to know what happened to Shu... I answered.

- If you want to tell us, of course. We haven't seen him for three months, the meeting we just had disturbed us all... Signaled Ayumi.

- Well...this all happened three months ago... She began.