Act 5

The meetings with the adeptus and the God became a daily routine

The meetings with the adeptus and the God became a daily routine. Xiao would save people, and in the evenings would come visit (Y/N). This time though, she was nowhere to be found.

He looked around the domain, inside the palace, but no one was present. Even Chingyu wasn't there.

The adeptus started to worry, did something happen? are you in danger? How could he know?

He kept looking but after some time gave up and went back to the inn.

                                         ꧁꧂

"..."

"How long do you intend to stare?" He turned around to see Verr looking at him.

"Something's on your mind, Xiao. Mind sharing?" Asked the lady.

"It's none of your business, and it doesn't matter. Leave." The adeptus stated coldly .

"Don't be so cold, you know you can tell me your problems, we've known each other for years, why do you not trust me?" Asked Verr.

She treated Xiao like her son, if he came back to the Inn wounded, Verr would always tend his wounds, and make him food.

"I will think about it. Please leave me alone."

*sigh* gave up the owner of the Inn. 
"Alright, but if you ever wanna talk about it, I'm always here." Stated the woman and left.

He was once again alone, staring at the moon. The wind was warm yet refreshing, but Xiao kept thinking about where you have gone.

                                          ꧁꧂

It's been two weeks since the adeptus last seen the goddess.  He was concerned, something surely happened.

Today he had a meeting with Zhongli, so he couldn't go look for you, but maybe the ex Geo God knows something.

He jumps out of the Wangshu Inn's balcony and made his way to Liyue harbour, where Zhongli was waiting for him.

When he arrived, it didn't take long for him to notice where the God sat. But he was with someone else? And that someone is none other but the Goddess of void and chaos herself.

Xiao was filled with relief knowing that you weren't hurt, but he also was slightly mad.  Why did you leave without telling him anything? Did you have any idea how worried he was?

He walked to the table and got both of the Gods attention.

"Xiao, we've been waiting for you." said Zhongli.

"Hey hey, adeptus! Miss me?" Stood up the beautiful woman and hugged the poor adeptus, who's barely processing on what was happening.

"Where were you??" Xiao stated angrily.

"Inazuma, I don't know." Shrugged the God."Why? Were you worried?" She smirked.

"Yes, of course, you just left without saying anything, I thought you were dying or something!"

"Huh? But I did leave a note for you-?"

"Huh?? No you didn't!"

"Yes- I did! I left it on the table in the palace! It's not my fault you didn't find it-"

Zhongli was just sipping his tea, watching the drama.  To him you both were like an old married couple fighting over nonsense.

"Hmpf." The adeptus looked away with furrowed eyebrows.

"Anyways, (Y/N), seems like you both have already met. I don't have to introduce you. Now as we were saying." Spoke up the Geo God. "Could you elaborate on what is happening in Inazuma?"

Xiao and (Y/N) sits down at the table.

"Oh, Yes. So Inazuma now is on lockdown, apparently while Raiden Shogun was taking someone's vision away, a traveller with a fairy interfered. They started fighting and then they ran away. Seems like Shogun is furious."

So while Xiao was running around looking for (Y/N), she was all the way in Inazuma? No wonder he couldn't sense her  presence literally anywhere.

"A traveller with a fairy, huh. Seems that Aether and Paimon made it to Inazuma safely. " sighed the Geo God.

"The traveller is also in Inazuma? Why?" Asked Xiao.

"He's still searching for his sister. I feel bad for him, but there's nothing I can do."

"Oh."

"Aether? Paimon? Who even are they? " (Y/N) was confused. Whoever they were, she was sure that they were the ones who saved the guy from losing his vision.

"Travellers. The young man with long hair has lost his sister, and is on a journey to find her, and the little fairy, Paimon, is accompanying him." Zhongli explained. "Anyways that's all I needed to know. Thank you, (Y/N)."

"Do not mention it, Zhongli, I had fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to go for a swim, bye bye!" (Y/N) stood up and started walking away.

Xiao quickly stands up, ready to follow from behind, until he remembers that he had to talk with Zhongli. He turned to the Archon, waiting for him to say something.

"It's nothing Xiao, you can go after her, I just wanted you to meet her, but seems like you both already know each other."

"Y-yeah, thank you." He muttered and went to catch up with you.