C H A P T E R 1

(season 1, episode 1, welcome to mystic falls)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒!" Isis screamed, jumping on Caroline's back, making her shriek in panic. She shrugged her off with a grunt. "Ow, Isis that hurt!" She exclaimed, stomping her foot angrily. Isis looked at her with a sheepish expression, but her tone was anything but. "Sorry!" She chirped before waddling over to Elena and giving her a bear hug.

"Hello 'Lena" she murmured as she nuzzled her face into her neck, holding her tightly. Elena melted into the embrace and hugged back, rubbing Isis' back up and down.

"Hey Isis," she murmured in reply. Isis smiled and kissed her forehead, making Elena grin and squirm a bit. "You're never going to stop doing that are you?" She said with a playful eye roll. Isis grinned and poked her nose. "Nope!" She responded with a grin. Isis had picked up the habit at five years old. She would never grow out of kissing Elena's forehead.

After many attempts to stop her, Elena decided to go along with it. And in times like this, she really   needed the affection.

Caroline pouted and tugged on Isis'  jacket, rather jealous of the attention she was giving Elena. Isis laughed and petted Caroline's curly blonde locks. "I'm here, I'm here," she said with a smirk, making Caroline pout and poke her. Elena just watched the display with a smile, shaking her head. "Yay! Attention!" Caroline shouted out playfully, making the girls laugh.

"Where's Bonnie?" Caroline wondered, her eyes scanning the school car park for their friend. Elena wrapped her coat around herself and rubbed her arms. "She had to park far back as there's hardly any space left," she shared with a chuckle.

Isis frowned at Elena's actions, but decided to keep silent. "Well she should be here by now," Isis said. "Class starts in twenty minutes," she huffed, looking down at her watch.

"I'm here!" Bonnie calls out with a huff as she weaves through the students until she got to her friends. Isis rolled her eyes. "There you are Bonnie-Bon," she said affectionately as she linked arms with her.

Bonnie gave a grateful smile as she regained her breath. "I've no idea how I'm on the cheer team when my stamina is this shitty" she said, making all the girls laugh, then making their way into the school building.

May this year be the best.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's a hot back" Bonnie commented as the girls stood outside the registration office. Isis wrinkled up her nose. "Mehhh.. looks mediocre to me," she said with a grin, making Caroline kick her ankle. Isis hissed.

"Ow, what's that for?" She mumbled, bending to rub pain away. "You can't say things like that," she chided. Isis rolled her eyes and adjusted her backpack. "Yeah, you only say that because you already have the hots for him even though you've only seen his back," she said in a teasing tone of voice.