Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

The next morning (Tuesday) Nat and Maeve were already in the conference room casually talking about combatives and why they asked Maeve to join the Avengers. They got quiet when Wanda walked by. Noticing the concern on Wanda's face, Maeve gives her a small smile.

Wanda smiles back and continues walking to the kitchen in search of some breakfast and Maeve's eyes continue to follow.

Natasha gives Maeve a light nudge, "Hey, we're almost done pay attention!"

Maeve rolls her eyes, "I am paying attention Nat, I thought I signed everything."

Natasha smiles, "You did, I want to make sure you're settling in okay."

Maeve looks at Natasha and shrugs, "Yeah, it's a little weird not sleeping in an apartment alone after so long, but I'm okay. Wanda helped me unpack some of my stuff last night. She's really nice." Maeve smiles to herself at the memory.

Natasha smirks, "Yeah, she's a sweetheart. I'm glad she is opening up more. We gotta stick together since there's so much damn testosterone."

Maeve peaks out the door and sees Wanda still searching for breakfast, "Can I go now?"

Natasha laughs at Maeve's antics, "Yes, I'd rather you go talk to her than stalk her while I try to talk to you."

Maeve walking out of the conference room, "Ha Ha. Fuck off."

Maeve walks into the kitchen and Wanda turns around hearing the woman sit down.

Wanda gives Maeve a warm smile, "Hey, how'd you sleep? Get anymore unpacking done?"

Maeve smiles back, slightly mesmerized by Wanda's eyes, "Uh, yeah a little bit! I didn't have much to begin with so..."

They continue with small talk for a few minutes until Maeve can't take the awkwardness anymore, "Wanda, let's go get ice cream!"

Wanda giggles and quirks her eyebrow, "It's 9 in the morning, it's way too early for ice cream!"

Maeve smirks, "It's never too early for ice cream Maximoff! Come on, I know the perfect place!" She finishes her statement with a pout that melts Wanda's heart.

Caving, Wanda agrees in a laughing fit, "Okay fine, let's go get ice cream!"

Maeve jumps with excitement then with a sigh, "Think you could drive? I forgot I don't have a car."

Wanda gives Maeve a small smile which immediately makes Maeve feel better, "Yeah, come on."

Once they are in the car it's only about a 20 minute drive until they get to the shop per Maeve's directions. After they get their ice cream they decide to sit at the picnic tables outside the shop. Maeve sits on the actual table and Wanda on the actual bench.

They ate their ice cream in a comfortable silence watching the tree blow in the breeze before Wanda breaks it, "How did you know how to get here?"

Maeve looks down at her, "Well, we lived here for a few years when I was little, so my dad would always take my sister and I when we would annoy our mom. How's your ice cream?"

Wanda smiles, "I think this is the best ice cream I've ever had."

Liking her answer, "Best breakfast too?"

Wanda laughs, "Yes, best breakfast too."

They continue just talking about random topics Wanda learning a little bit more about Maeve.

Maeve smiles when she recalls a story from her childhood, "There was this one time, right after she got her license she was in high school, I was probably about 9. She snuck out of school and pretended to be our mom to get me out of class. It luckily worked, she buckled me up and took me here. Coming here is my favorite way to remember her."

Wanda noticed the sadness in Maeve's eyes, "One time, my brother and I were home alone from school before our parents got back from work, so he decided we should try to make dinner. We were 7 I think. The only things we knew how to make were scrambled eggs. Best way to cook it is by using bacon grease to grease the pan." Maeve gave Wanda a quizzical look, "I promise that has to do with the story. So, we made our eggs but while the pan was hot he thought it would be a good time to try and flip the pan and catch the handle. He completely missed the handle burning his hand but also managed to get the grease on our gas stove. He almost burnt down our apartment building that day."

Maeve lets out a big belly laugh as if she didn't feel sad moments ago. Maeve gets up from her seat on the table and jumps to the ground, "Ready to head home? I'm sure Natasha has something she needs me to do."

Wanda gets up and smiles, "Yeah let's get home."

They drive home to the music on the radio Wanda listens to Maeve sing quietly and smiles to herself. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus comes on and Maeve reaches for the volume to turn it all the way up. Maeve attempts to dance while buckled in her seat which makes Wanda laugh. Maeve can't help but love the way her laugh sounds. 

After the song is finished Maeve turns the volume back down and tries to catch her breath. Wanda looks over at the girl, "You really love that song don't you?"

Maeve smiles, "It's impossible to not love that song. She mentions Britney Spears who is. a national treasure."

Wanda accepts Maeve's answer with a giggle and turns her attention back to the road.

Once they get back to the compound they part ways because Natasha does need Maeve for something. Before Maeve gets to the conference room Wanda stops her with a gentle hand on her arm, "Thanks for the ice cream. I'm buying next time!"

Maeve smiles, "Of course, just let me know when and I'll be there."

When Wanda lets go of Maeve's arm to walk away all she can think about is how much fun she just had.

Maeve smiles to herself as she watches Wanda walk away, "There's going to a next time! Did you see that little nose scrunch when she offered to pay- so fucking adorable. Maeve you need to get a grip, you just met this girl."

Hey ya'll, little baby chapter for ya

Hey ya'll, little baby chapter for ya. I'm pretty sure no one has read any of this yet but I'm going to keep trying!