Chapter 6

I'm so glad you guys like this book! The response I'm getting for it is incredible! You guys are amazing!

"Are you nervous?" Rydel asked me, straightening a piece of my hair. 

I shook my head and glanced at her from the mirror. "Not really. I mean we really hit it off at the party, so this shouldn't be any different." 

"Do you think he's gonna kiss you." She questioned, grinning. 

I froze and it was as if my mind went blank. Ethan kissing me? That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I mean, we just met, so he wouldn't kiss me, right? Well, Ross and I did have sex just after a few weeks of knowing each other, and we weren't even dating. But neither were Ethan and I. 

My life was so fucking complicated. 

"I don't know." I finally admitted. "I didn't really think about it." I tapped my fingers nervously on my knee and bit my lip as I thought about Ethan trying to kiss me. 

She finished straightening the last piece of hair and shut off the flat iron, placing it on the table beside her. "Do you want him to kiss you?" I shrugged in response, not knowing the answer myself. "Well, you like him, right?"

"I think so." I replied. "I've never actually liked someone before, let alone been on a date." 

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. "You've never been on a date?" I shook my head. "That doesn't make any sense since you're so beautiful." Cue my blush. "But I guess you're losing your first date-ginity tonight." She wiggled her eyebrows, grinning. 

I chuckled slightly. "First date-ginity? That just sounds weird, but I guess it's true." I stood up and grabbed my purse that laid on my bed. "Let's just hope I don't make a fool out of myself tonight." Although Ethan and I hit it off at the party, we were completely alone this time, and anything could happen. 

"You won't make a fool out of yourself, Scarlett." She assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You are a great girl, and obviously Ethan sees that in you. Trust me, I was nervous on my first date with Ratliff, but I had no reason to be. Just like you have no reason to be nervous now."

I nodded, feeling slightly better at her pep talk. I really didn't understand why I was so nervous since I wasn't nervous when we first met. I mean, we talked for hours at the party and I never felt nervous once. And if I was being honest, I wasn't even completely sure this was a date. For all I knew this could just be a hangout as friends. 

"I'm gonna wait downstairs." I informed Rydel, glancing at the time. Only five minutes until Ethan was supposed to pick me up. 

She nodded and opened my door, stopping in the doorway. "I expect details when you come back." 

I laughed, nodding. "Deal." She smiled and walked away, allowing me to head downstairs where I sat on the couch and played with my phone. It was quiet since everyone was upstairs, and I was feeling a bit awkward just sitting on the couch. But when I heard footsteps approach, my head shot up in relief. 

He entered the living room, but stopped when he saw me. "Great." He groaned, rolling his eyes. He spun around and walked away, and it was like my heart broke. Having Ross completely ignore me was so hard because I missed him like crazy. He hadn't talked to me in what felt like months and it was killing me. 

The doorbell rang, and I sprung up to answer it. I needed this night to go well, and thinking of Ross wouldn't help. "Hey, Ethan." I greeted, smiling once I opened the door. 

He smiled back, his hands in his front pockets. "You look great, Scarlett." 

"Thanks," I felt my cheeks hit up at the compliment. I walked outside and closed the door, my back hovering against it. "You look great, too." He was dressed in a simple black V-neck with blue skinny jeans and a pair of high tops.