II

I'm currently eating in the cafeteria with Clark, who's busy typing something on his phone while munching his food. It's been weeks already since that girl transferred to our school, and I always saw her with a boy who's a bit like him. Are they cousins? siblings? or twins? I don't know, but I can't help but be envious of how close that boy is to her.

She's always with a specific boy who has the same eyes as her but is more lively and happy than her gloomy and lifeless eyes. I still can't help but wonder what happened to her when her eyes turned cold at such a young age, but I am more curious when I get the chance to see her eyes lighting up with joy and happiness.

"Hey, I'm planning to join the creative writing club to try something new. Wanna join too?" Clark said as he put down his phone and continued eating. Napaisip naman ako, creative writing club? That sounds boring, but an idea suddenly flashed through my mind.

"Sure," Tipid na sagot ko kay Clark, and after we finished our food, we immediately went to their club room, and to my surprise, I saw the boy who's always with her.

"Hello, are you guys planning to join the club too?" The senior said. Probably the president of the club, both me and Clark answered yes, and she made us sit in one of the chairs. "You guys can fill up these forms, and then you can submit them here later, after your afternoon class," she said as she handed out the papers. Lumabas na rin kami ng club room after non.

"Hello!" The boy greeted us full of joy, while his eyes were sparkling with joy. I still can't help but wonder how she'll look when she's full of joy and enthusiasm. "I'm Josh, Josh Fuertez, from the same grade as you guys from class 2," he introduced himself. I smiled.

"I'm Liam Xei Ocampo, but feel free to call me Liam, and this is Clark Velante; we're from class 1." Nakangiting saad ko sa kanya.

"I know you guys; I often saw you passing by in front of our classroom." Nakangiting saad niya.

"That's Liam's fault; he always wanted to go in that direction, and I'm this close to thinking that he low-key wants to see someone in there." Natatawang saad ni Clark, which almost made me froze, but I just laughed it out.

Am I being that obvious? I just wanted to see what she's currently doing; there's nothing wrong with that, right? I am not a creep or a stalker, right?

"I'll get going now; my friend is already waiting for me. It's nice to meet you guys," he said as we waved his hands to us and to a direction where I saw her. Ethel.

I saw her from the distance once again, wearing a jacket despite the hot weather. I also notice how short her hair is now. Is she trying a new hairstyle? I don't know, but all I can say is that it suits her very well.

I'll walk through hellfire in order to see happiness and joy flash in her eyes.
I'll give her the moon and stars just so, in her eyes, I can watch the beauty of sunsets and sunrise.
I might give up everything in order to see her genuine smile.

It can be the catalyst for both destruction and reparation.
A weapon that's been disguised into one single smile.
Just one flare, and I'll die.

"Cringe," I muttered while looking at the poem that I wrote while thinking of her.

I love reading poems and classic novels, but I never imagined myself writing one for a certain someone, but here I am now. I took a step forward in exploring the world of creative writing with the thought of her being my muse.