13 // 12:32 p.m.

Calum and Caro were each discussing their favourite songs by the band, the two both extremely passionate about the subject.

"It's just so sad, but so beautiful. I could cry thinking about it. When you hear it for the first time in the middle of a breakdown the song sticks with you for life." Caro tells him, getting more passionate as she continues her mini rant.

Calum smiles at her heartfelt speech, though what she was talking about shouldn't make him smile. The way she spoke about these things just made him want to get to know her so much more, she's so eager to talk about these things and he loved it. Now seeing this side of her as the day goes on got him excited. He couldn't wait to see her during the show.

"What?" She questions, looking up at him mid-rant.

He tries to conceal all the things he's thinking and feeling by trying to put on a straight face. "Nothing. Keep going."

"I don't understand how it's not everybody's favourite song. Not only is it their best song, it's the best song of all time. Nobody could change my mind." She continues, not even looking at Calum.

"I feel like you would attack me if I told you it wasn't my favourite song of theirs."

"Wow, now I don't know if we can be friends..." Caro jokes, doing her best to pretend to be offended.

"I'll definitely give it top three, though." Calum adds, trying to make her feel better about it.

"Okay, thank god." She murmurs, letting out a relieved sigh.

She would never actually have ruined a potential friendship over a song preference, but it would've been a close one for her, honestly. It would've been a flaw she finally found in him. But he claims it's one of his favourites, so he's still flawless.

"You make me feel so safe." Calum blurts, his eyes widening as he realizes what he's said out loud.

"You don't have a filter, do you?" Caro giggles, trying to ignore how nice it felt to hear him say that.

"Fuck, I really don't. I'm sorry. I've never been able to just get along with somebody and relate to them like this, this quickly. We literally met like, five hours ago. I sound a little weird. I'm sorry."

"Don't be! I get it. It's rare to find something like this in a queue for a concert. It's really comforting being able to talk to you about these things, considering when we first saw you guys approaching the queue we thought we wouldn't even talk to you all day."

"What?" Calum laughs, wanting her to elaborate.

"You guys look scary and mean and intimidating walking in a pack like that. Do you forget you're a group or grown six foot tall men?" Caro giggles, trying to explain what she meant.

"Well now you know that I'm just a big soft idiot, who's obsessed with the same band as you." Calum grins, running a hand through his hair.

Caro raises her hands in surrender. "Yes, first impressions were wrong. I'm sorry. Can you blame me?"

"I do understand. But, anyway. To go back to discussing the band, when was the first time you saw them?"

Caro laughs, "You keep saying I'm not crazy but, it was when I was sixteen. Not only did we queue, but we got there at one in the morning. Like, middle of the night. There were still two people in front of us, so I mean, we weren't the worst ones."

"That seems like so much fun. And it was when you first started liking them? Fuck, it must've been, like, thrilling."

"It was. I loved every second of it. It wasn't easy but, I was with my best friends and cried through almost the entire show at barricade. It's one of my favourite memories with this band and with my best friends. It really was something else, and I'd honestly do it again."

"If you ever need somebody to queue with all night long next time, I'd be happy to join you."