Chapter 1 - The Truffula valley

"Here I go mom! Off to change the world with my thneed!" The Once-ler said as he walked over to his wagon and threw in two large bags of marshmallows. He hops in, looking over to his family.  "I can't believe I'm actually doing it."

"Yes, but just remember oncie. If somehow your invention ends up a failure instead of a success.... " she stopped looking concerned for a moment but grinned. "Then it wouldn't surprise me at all!" She said as she looked at the rest of the family. She laughs and so did everyone else.

The Once-ler looked heartbroken but he was used to his family never believing in him. Brett runs over to Once-ler. "Hey, nice wheels! " he punched the once-ler's shoulder. "Burn!" Brett laughed, Once-ler frowned since his brothers did have a pretty much more strength than him. Melvin glared at Brett and kicked his ass, sending him flying off onto the ground. The Once-ler was surprised but laughed. "Yeah, burn." The Once-ler said sarcastically. "But you'll see, okay?  I'm gonna prove that you're all wrong! Come on Melvin! " Once-ler said as he looked away with a frown. Melvin started trotting,  Once-ler's family still laughing and making fun of Once-ler.

The Once-ler had left home in order to find the perfect material to make his thneed and change the world with it. To be successful. He traveled far and wide across lands, a dessert, took him 3 weeks or more. The Once-ler was irrationally optimistic, playing his guitar and singing, for him it was entertainment but for his friend Melvin it was kinda annoying but still used it. After a while, Once they arrived. Melvin was amazed by what he had discovered,  he tried to get his friend's attention but Once-ler was peacefully asleep. He looked annoyed and kicked under the Once-ler's seat and woke him up.

"Ow! We're gonna be there soon, I'm sure. It's like-" The Once-ler said fixing his hat, looking up and was amazed as well. "Woahh..." He saw a beautiful green valley with lots of pretty truffula trees. He found paradise. He hoped off his wagon and walked over. "This is the most beautiful place, I've ever seen..." The Once-ler said with a few tears of joy. He continued to walk only to be welcomed and greeted by humming fish, barbaloots and swomee swans.

The Once-ler had broke into a song.
(This is the place tricky version)

"This is it!" The once-ler said playing his guitar. "This is the place!"

"It's bound to have just what I need!" He dropped his guitar. "I wanna hold it all in one big embrace." He hugs himself. "But first!" He let's himself go and looked up determined. "Let find the stuff to make my thneed!" The Once-ler walks forward. "Na, na!  Na na na! Na, na, na , na, na! Na na,  na na na!  Now you!" He pointed over to the forest creatures. The creatures follow his lead and started to sing as well as his back up chorus. "Haha!  That's great!" Once-ler said smiling.

The Once-ler walks over to the fish. "Humming fish I love your hums! I got the feeling we'll be chums!" He turns over to look at the pond with more humming fish swimming around. "This pond is perfect, there's no doubt!" He turns around and walks over to his wagon. "Excuse me while I ripp these out!" He rips open the back of his wagon where he kept a lot of stuff. Most of it was dangerous and it scattered everywhere on the green grass. The critters looked terrified and backed away.

"Swomee-swans!  You fly so high! Everywhere I look, you fill the sky!" He sang looking at the swans fly and one lands on a truffula where it had it's nest settled at. The Once-ler walks over to the truffula and gently pulls it over to him, looking at the creature with it's nest. "I love your graceful neck, and your noble breast." He slowly reaches over to the nest. "But the thing that I love best, just might be your nest~" The Once-ler snatched the nest and let's go of the truffula Tufts, sending the swan flying off. "Thank you!"