Chapter 3

Xavier's POV

When Lexy shoved me, it was kind of hot. It did catch me off guard though. Now that I've found Lexy, I don't think I'll be rejecting her for anyone else. She seems really cool- but I can only hope that my reputation doesn't precede me. The consequences of my actions coming back to haunt me weren't something I ever relished.

Speaking of reputations, I decided to try to find out more about her. I scrolled through Jackson's followers on Instagram until I saw her user. After looking through her pictures I became even more interested in her. She really was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen, but I also liked how she posted pictures of concerts she'd been to and cool places she would visit. I've never been to the other side of the country, let alone a foreign country! Being a werewolf had its drawbacks.

Lexy's POV

After a seemingly endless day, I slugged out of the school and over to the parking lot. As I was walking to my car, a really tall guy with dirty blonde hair came up to me.

"Carbon emissions really are bad for the environment. You should probably think twice about driving to school," he heckled.

"Good point and concern for the environment is important, but I have to get to school somehow. Do you have any solutions to this quandary I'm facing?"

"Well I already drive to school so from now on I'll pick you up and we can carpool. Very eco-friendly."

I chuckled at his reply. He was really handsome, and a carpool couldn't be a bad idea. With greenish blue eyes and fluffy hair, all I wanted was for him to pull me closer and kiss me. He had prominent dimples with a clean, shaved face, and olive skin with muscles outlined by his tight white shirt. I was taken out of my daze when I realized he was repeating hello, trying to get my attention.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a minute," I blushed.

"Don't apologize, you're fine. You're great actually. Do you like my idea?"

"I do, but you don't even know where I live yet, let alone who I even am!" I smiled, stating the obvious.

He smiled and replied, "Well we should fix that. But for starters, I already know a lot about you! You're a gorgeous blond girl who just started school here today. You like to listen to a lot of music I'm sure since I've seen those headphones around your neck or on your head all day,"

"Oh, so you're stalking me?"

"It's a really small school so of course I'm gonna notice the new girl. That's all anyone can talk about! But seriously, what's your name? And what brings you to Brownsville?"

"You're sweet. My name is Lexy and I just moved here from Sacramento because my parents were looking for a change of scenery for me I guess. I like how observant you are. I love music, especially the Arctic Monkeys."

"Very fitting. I'm Chase, it's nice to meet you Lexy. Do you wanna go and grab something to eat?"

"I would love to, but I can't leave my car here."

"Don't worry, I'll drive you back once we're done. Follow me,"

I followed him as he began to walk to his car. He opened the car on the passenger side, letting me get in first. He walked over to the drivers seat and checked his mirrors before he looked over at me.

"Your headphones reminded me of that scene in American Psycho, where Christian Bale walks through the office with his headphones on. They look really cute and once I saw you, I knew I had to talk to you."

"Are you kidding? That's one of my favorite movies. My favorite part is that scene where he's talking to his friends and he's like 'When I see a pretty girl walking down the street I think two things. One part of me wants to talk to her, take her out, be real nice and sweet and treat her right,"

"And what'd the other part think?" He quipped.

"What her head would look like on a stick!" I smiled.

We both laughed but I really appreciated how he immediately continued my reference!

"I think I could get used to you sitting there. You're really very pretty incase I didn't tell you sooner. Do you have any ideas for food?"

"Maybe we could grab a burger? But, just so you know, you're very cute yourself."

We were face to face as I finished my sentence. As he cupped my cheek, we both leaned in to kiss. It started slow, but as I opened my mouth, he kissed me harder. I unbuckled my seatbelt and put my arms around his head just to get closer to him. As I started to pull away, he brought me back in for one more kiss. Kissing a boy on my first day at my new school wasn't on my bucket list, but I just crossed it off.

He pulled out of the school parking lot and went to the closest burger place. We got burgers together and talked about our lives. It was dark by the time we left the restaurant and chilly outside. He wrapped his arms around me as we walked to the car which was perfect because his arms were so warm. How was Chase so hot in 40 degree weather? He drove me back to school so I could drive my car home and kissed me bye before leaving. Am I moving too fast? I like him a lot, but there's still so much more I have to learn about him before I let things get serious.