2084

I remember it quite clearly. It happened only a few years ago. Five years I think. We had just retreated from the front line. The Mysterious race that we know as the Gemyn-eyes had taken another town. You might not have heard of them. If you haven't, then the government is doing a very good job keeping everything under wraps. 

The Gemyn-eyes are a mysterious group of humanoids that appeared around six years ago. They're tall, don't talk, have white skin, faces like ghosts, and walk like they're hovering.

I don't exactly know how they come into this world, but there are a few stories about it.

The oldest, and probably the most accurate one was a newspaper report from around 6 years ago.

In the far north of the country, near the finished border, there was an old abandoned hut. Some say that a mad scientist lived there. He was working on some sort of liquid. The exact details of the liquid are unknown. One day, near the town of  Zapolyarny, strange humanoid creatures were cited at the outskirts of the city. The reported creatures are around seven or eight feet tall. All residents are required to stay inside their homes unless they want to get killed. At least 20 people have known to be killed by the beings. The white creatures also have glowing green eyes like gems.

That was the last report we received from that town.

I believe you already know that by that time Russia had captured most of the territories that lay in eastern Europe that had once been part of the Soviet Empire?

So these creatures, when they bit someone, the person turned into one of them. Sounds familiar? It's just like the zombie movies that were so common in the first half of the century.

We were ordered to take back the town of pryrechny a few moths after the report. The outside world didn't know anything about these things until recently. They were probably busy with their own work and not interested in the dictatorship that Russia had become.

The town had a population of around a thousand at that time. Most of the residents were either dead or became one of those disgusting creatures.

We managed to find a few survivors though. All of them were depressed and had lost most of their family members. It was kinda sad.

There was this young lady named Masha, I suppose. She had lost the person she loved right in front of her eyes.

One of us asked her why she was sad. Se narrated the whole incident to us.

"It was Sunday I think. About a month ago that it happened. We were playing on the shore of  Alla-Akkayarvi. I was sitting on a chair, making a beautiful sketch. He was in the water. He came up to me and gently kissed me. 'I love you,' he said. I replied back with the same.."

 At this point, her eyes became watery.

"Then it all happened so fast. There was a scream around a few yards away and before I knew it, we were running back to our cars. I opened the door and got in. He was just about to get in when one of them grabbed his hands and another tore right into his stomach. He was screaming the entire time. I wish I had done something, but I froze."

She became silent then. She didn't talk for the rest of the way back to Moscow.

When we reached Moscow, we came to know that almost the entire town had been evacuated. Just a few Pales here and there, but no humans.

We told everyone to stay in the vehicles. There was no hope. No hope left. We already knew that we were on our own. The government wasn't going to come and rescue us. They never do...