prologue

-Reji POV-

I'm in my backyard laying under my favorite tree looking up at the clouds in the sky. I start to get hungry because it's around lunch and I just so happen to be under a apple tree.

I scale the tree with little difficulty because I do it quite often. I remember falling out of this tree last year during a rain storm and breaking my arm. I live on a little island with very few people. Most of the time I spend in the little jungle or forest whatever you'd like to call it. It's full of trees baring fruit, delicious fruits.

But anyway I get to the top of the tree and start munching on the apples that are there. That is until I see a fruit that isn't a apple. It looks quite weird. It's light blue like a Orchid but looks a fruit I saw in a book called a pineapple. But st the same time it's beauty was mesmerizing. I pick it and it's surprisingly heavy.

I go down the tree eager to taste this strange fruit. Once in there I sit down and take a bit.

Reji: It tastes revolting but Momma says finish my food so here it goes.

I finish off the fruit and feel sick to my stomach.

Reji: That didn't sit well with me.

I burp then I feel pain go through my body. I curl up in a ball do to the pain and pass out. Waking up after I don't know how long. Deciding to go inside because the sun is starting to set. Once I get inside Momma is cooking dinner.

Reji: What's for dinner Momma it smells delicious?

I walk into the kitchen and see Momma cooking. The kitchen is small but then again so is the house. Well we don't have much but there's a up stairs and a basement.

Momma: We're having rice.

We always have rice because it's not very expensive.

Reji: Sounds good.

She turns around and drops her spoon.

Reji: Momma, What's wrong?

She hugs me.

Momma: Oh, my baby what happened to you?!

Reji: What do you mean? I'm fine Momma.

Papa: Honey step back. That's not our son anymore. He's a monster.

She refuses so Papa pulls her off me as she cries.

Reji: Momma, Why are you crying? Is something wrong?

I start to get worried then everything goes black. Waking up I find myself chained up in the basement with a mirror facing towards me. Seeing my reflection I look different. My hair is now black different than it's usual red and eyes were blue. Now they are red with blue irises. The noticeable change is a tail that looks like it belongs on a shark. But it's not the colors I've seen on one being black with red pieces on it. The underside being white.

Papa: What did you do with my son?!

Reji: Papa I am your son.

Papa: Lier! You're a monster!

He looks like he's mad but he has tears streaming down his face. He cracks the whip he holds in his hand.

Reji: No, Papa! Don't!

I hits me in the back with it. After multiple lashes I pass out. Waking up covered in my own blood my shirt is torn to pieces. As lash marks cover my torso.

Reji: (mind) I have to get out of here. This is no longer my home.

I try pulling the chain but it's no use. I try several other ways but it's no use. I start to cry and ball up as small as I can. Until I notice my teeth, they've changed. I get an idea and try biting the chains. They break and I feel relief wash over me knowing I won't have to go through another beating.

It's night time so I carefully exit the house and start walk to the shore to either escape or kill myself. If I stay on the island they'll find me so my best bet is to leave. If I die then I was meant to.

Getting to the cliff I jump off and hope for death so I don't have to live with this pain anymore. Hitting a rock I pass out. I wake up on a shore with the water hitting me. I get up and start walking coming to a house after about a hour of walking. Getting on the porch and about to knock I lose all my strength falling to the ground.

(Guess whose house he arrived at.)