I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minju's POV

She was my first. So naturally, she was my everything. When you have your first love, you tend to use it as an excuse to give reasons to all the dumb actions you've done for that person. Like perhaps, not getting bothered by almost failing a major subject because you chose to skip few classes to hangout more often with your person, spend your whole allowance for your date, or maybe wanting to see each other for every damn day. Nothing's wrong with that really. (I think?) But begging them to stay when they say things like "I don't think this is working anymore." Or "I think I'm falling in love with someone else." Then continue to act like they didn't say those words and still love them. Until you see them with your very own eyes. With someone else. Doing things you both usually do. Yeah, that completely fucked me up. Don't do that.

No matter what your definition of love is, there's just one thing you should be careful. That is to never lose yourself. Something that I never thought might happen. After Kriesha and I broke up, I completely lost track of who I am and what I should do with my life. Only now i realize, it's never good to let your whole world revolve around a single person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got off the bus and removed my earphones. It's the first day of second semester yet I already feel drained. I didn't think much of what I should wear so i just put on a jeans, a white sweater and a sneakers. "Hey Kim Minjoo!" I smiled as I see a familiar duck face waving at me while waiting at the entrance.

"What you been up to, huh?" She asked, putting her arms around my shoulders.

"Not much, Yena. How's your break? How many flings did you collect this time?" I joked. Yena immediately covered my mouth trying to shut me up as i push it away while laughing. She's one of my few friends who knew about my relationship with my ex so she's always been there for me. She never liked Kriesha, saying she gets a bad aura every time Kriesha's around us. We even had a night out when she found out we finally broke up. That's Yena's way of comforting me.

We stop at the lockers and grab our jumpsuits which is our uniform here. Yena changed while I only wore the pants then tied the rest of it around my waist. Yena and I both entered the sculpting studio, our first class today. We see a bunch of our classmates chitchatting but professor is not there yet. "Am I dreaming or is Yena finally not late on her first class?"  Says one of our friends with a bangs and shoulder length hair. "It's the first day, that's why." The other person butting in while munching on a chocolate and sipping coffee.

"Shut up Yuri I'm never late! Hey Hyewon! don't be selfish why are you eating alone there? Gimme some!" I laughed as Yena tried to snatch a piece of chocolate but Hyewon slapped her hands quickly. I sat at my usual table, looking around the studio. Our previous works displayed, even the unfinished and failed ones. The familiarity was comforting, we've been using this studio for 3 years now and I love how it felt like home.  "You good Minjoo?" Yuri asked, leaning on my workspace. I smiled and nodded at her. Am I really good now? I should be. It's been 3 months. I was glad she didn't push for more questions though. We looked at the door as Chaeyeon enters looking at us. "Minjoo! There you are. Dean Cheon Seojin is looking for you. Has anyone seen Chaewon?"

"Right behind you. Why?" Chaeyeon turned and saw Chaewon with Hitomi. Her best friend. "Both you and Minjoo, go to dean Cheon's office." I can sense my friends eyeing both me and Chaewon. We both really weren't close, with Professors making us always compete with each other, everything seemed awkward. But we're in the same circle of friends.
Professors always compare both of us since we usually get highest grades.