Chapter 5

AVA THOUGHT BACK ON the time her and Emmett first met. Looking over at Riley she smiled jut the thought of him made her feel all kind of emotions sadness, anger and most of all happiness. Ava knew Emmett was nothing but good to her so she couldn't find it in her heart to fully hate him.

"Well the first official time me and Emmett met, it was nothing special, my best friend Bella tried convincing me that he'd be good for me and she wanted us to meet but stupidly I told her I didn't want to, me and Milo were together. Well anyways my friends I normally hung out with at lunch weren't there so Bella invited me over to her and the Cullens table so I went over to sit with them and I mean I know this sounds corny but me and Emmett had an instant connection." Ava said smiling. "I helped him with a few assignments one time and from there I mean we were always talking to each other and seeing each other when we had the time."

"But?" Riley asked feeling that it was coming.

"I had no one and I was afraid of Milo." Ava said sadly. "My father was a drunk who hated me and my brother left, no one was going to care. Milo was a dangerous guy involved in a lot, if I left him I was scared of what he'd do to me or the people I cared about. But no matter how hard I tried not falling in love with Emmett it happened anyways, I mean before I even realized I was in love with him I'd fallen ages ago. When I decided to be with Emmett Milo clearly didn't take that well and we'll... he beat the sit out of me let's just say that. In the end I was in an hospital bed from a concussion and he went to jail and me and Emmett were together."

"It's more to it right?" Riley said. "You said he saved you?"

"After all the events that happened in my life, my sister dying, my mom soon after, my loving father turning abusive, the only real family I had they left me, and Milo was the icing on top of the cake. After all that I mean you can't expect every girl to come out perfect, I developed a lot of issues after that. Just know I was an emotional wreck." Ava said she thought back on a memory. "Emmett knew who I was and everything I struggled with mentally but he stayed by my side nonetheless. He put up with me, helped me heal no matter when I was in the wrong, he helped me realize a lot and changed me for the better. There was a time I almost broke up with Emmett over something dumb because I simply couldn't handle the truth being thrown in my face by him especially."

Mid June

"I knew I couldn't trust you, I don't want to talk you anymore just leave me alone, I'm going home!" Ava shouted with tears in her eyes at Emmett quickly leaving through the front door of the Cullen's house walking down the path that led to the street way, knowing she'd be walking all night she didn't care. Ava's emotions were on overdrive and she wasn't thinking at the moment.

"Ava stop." Emmett said coming out speeding to her grabbing her arm. Lately Ava has became really emotional, her and Emmett's relationship was become deeper and deeper and she didn't know that it was freaking her out. She wasn't used to someone always being there for her, she couldn't help but be paranoid of the possibility of Emmett leaving her or hurting her in any kind of way.

The two had just gotten into another argument because Emmett told Ava that he didn't like her hanging out with Maddie and Isaac. He had good reasons for it but Ava had been through a lot with them and instantly gotten upset, which led to them saying hurtful words to each other Emmett knew Ava didn't mean anything she said and was just being spiteful but Ava took every word Emmett said to the heart.

"No Emmett I hate you your just like Milo." She said knowing that would upset him.

"Don't ever compare me to him." Emmett said angrily. "You know I'm nothing like him. I'd never treat you that way."