Chapter 3

𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘴, head down. Robin and Steve looked at each other curiously until Dustin interrupted the silence.

"Steve! Kie!" Dustin yelled in excitement.

I turned around to see the curly haired kid, who Steve considered his best friend. "Dustin! How was camp?" I asked, smiling.

"It was great-"

"HENDERSON!" Steve yelled from the back room. He ran out of the back the fastest I've ever seen him run, and he's an athletic guy.

Dustin ran up to him and hugged him. They really cared about each other. When we met Dustin. Steve took a liking to him immediately. He says he considers Dustin like a brother to him. I'm pretty close with Dustin as well, being Steve's sister and all.

I looked over across the mall and saw Eleven with Max Mayfield. They'd become friends not so long ago, but from the last I saw El did not like Max very much. I looked back over at the counter, and I saw someone knock over a drink. I quickly picked it up with my mind, and set it on the table. The lady looked back down at the drink on the table, and looked around suspiciously. I shrugged and didn't think much of it.

Whenever I need to use my abilities in public, like saving drinks from spilling, people always look confused then either tell someone about it and the person thinks they're crazy, or just figures someone picked it up for them when they weren't looking.

No one knows about my abilities except for Steve, and his parents. They made me promise not to ever use them if I want a normal life, and if I want to stay with them I need to obey their rules. I don't use my abilities much. When the first monster we had to fight in 83' came, Steve wouldn't let me help by using my powers, because he thought I would get hurt. He lied, and acted shocked when we were told that El had powers. She went missing in 84' because of that. She got rid of the monster but it got rid of her with it. She returned blah blah blah, and now she's here, and no one knows about me.

Steve says it's for the best, so I don't get hurt, or strain myself. It's all my fault so many of those terrible things happened. I should have been the one to disappear.

"Kie?" Dustin said, bringing me back from the past. "Hm?" I said as I realized people were starting to line up for ice cream. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed as I grabbed an ice cream scoop and started taking people's orders.

Next in line was El and Max oddly enough. "Ahoy! What can I get you?" I said with a smile.

"2 Chocolate ice creams please." Max said while looking over at El. "Is that ok?"

El nodded and looked back over at me as I scooped their ice cream. I grabbed their cones and handed them to them. El looked down at my wrist then backed me with a confused look on her face. I looked down and realized that the concealer I have on my wrist to cover my "007" tattoo was starting to come off. I took the money from them then ran to the back.

"Steve! Can you come with me to the bathroom and help me cover the tattoo? It's starting to come off."

Steve looked down at the bare tattoo on my arm. "yeah." We started walking over to the bathroom. "Hey did anyone see it?"

I lied. "Oh uhm no, not that I'm aware of." El knows. She's a smart girl, I doubt she didn't piece it together.

We finally got to the bathroom and he handed me the makeup. "I'll wait outside to make sure that no one comes in" I looked at him, trying to show I was grateful. "Thank you Steve." I opened the door and went into the restroom.

I looked in the mirror and looked back down at my wrist. I grabbed the concealer and started putting it on the mark. Then I heard a noise coming from one of the stalls, then out Nancy Wheeler.

I scrambled to put the makeup in my pocket, as she walked over to me. "Hey Kie..?" She said. She had a guilty expression on her face.

"Yeah what's up?" I tried to contain my anger. Just an hour ago she said she never wanted to talk to me, and now she's coming over to make conversations in the mall bathroom.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I just-"

"It's fine, you were right. We shouldn't talk if I killed your friend, right?"

right..?