02 ㅡ stay away from me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"can you quickly run to the convenience store and buy me some ramen?" jungwon's mother comes inside his room unannounced to place some cash on his desk before squeling at a text her lover just sent her on her way out.

quickly finishing his homework, jungwon glances at the time which reads 10:24pm then grabbing a jacket to head out to the nearby convenience store.

the walk was peaceful and jungwon only encountered a few passerbys and a drunk man who asked for directions. the clerk who greeted him when he entered the store is someone familiar so they bid each other a good evening after jungwon paid for the stuff he bought.

he starts heading the same way home but he notices that it's suddenly eerily quiet. maybe because it's almost 11pm but it's way too silent for jungwon's liking so his steps grew a tad bit faster.

then that's when he felt it.

another presence. not a human one - lingering around. although quite dull, it's still there. it's as if its eyes are on jungwon the whole time.

like a shadow.

gathering some courage, he turns to look behind him.

no one.

then around him.

no one.

it's either hiding or invisible because the presence is still sensable. deciding to pursue it, jungwon let's his persona take over and his senses heightened. discreetly he follows the presence - who seems to be moving away from him upon sensing that he has changed.

then it suddenly runs away.

without thinking twice, jungwon sprints after it. the plastic bag with his mother's favourite ramen and his favourite pack of chips being moved noisily but jungwon does not take a notice on that. the cold wind blows into his face but his unmoving red eyes are unbothered as his feet take him to that menacing presence with incredible speed.

he turned alleys, jumped over fences, climbed over walls yet he still catches no sight of the presence, only feeling it move.

"shit-" jungwon realises that he's by the river so he stops and immediately closed his eyes to rid of his persona when a group of teenagers passed by.

the presence has disappeared and he can only see cars driving back and forth. despite feeling uneasy, he shakes it off and heads back home.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"hyung, can you explain this to me?" ni-ki shows jungwon a math question he got wrong for today's homework and the latter immediately looks at it.