One- Reunited

—Karl Pov—

"Karl! Are you ready for your challenge?"

"But what is it?" I ask, nervously giggling "Can you tell me yet?"

"Oh you'll know when we take off the blind fold" Chandler laughs.

"This is so cruel" Chris laughs. The blind fold is lifted off and infront of my was a screen. A woman stood in an empty room was on the screen. I didn't recognise her at first.

"I don't understand" I looked at the three boys who were stifling a laugh.

"Please can you face the camera for us?" Jimmy asks into a mic connected to the room. She does as he says and faces the camera making my jaw drop.

"You. Did. Not" I giggled "Maria?"

"I'm so sorry Karl" Chris laughs, shaking his head.

"All chandlers idea may I add" Jimmy tells me, turning to face Chandler "Do you want to announce the challenge, Chandler?"

"Oh no" He laughs "So the challenge is...Would you- kiss your high school girlfriend- for...50,000 dollars"

"Nooo" I giggle "Does she know what's going on?"

"She only knows that she is here for a surprise and the catch is that you can't ask to kiss her" Jimmy chuckles as I'm sat on the floor, horrified.

"She doesn't even know that you're here" Chris chimes in.

"You're gonna go in and talk to her and at some point...or not! You're gonna kiss her if you want 50,000 dollars" Chandler explains.

"God I hate you guys sometimes" I chuckle in disbelief. I walk through the hall and enter the room.

"Finally, I was beginning to think I'd been kidnapped" She laughed, the laugh I remember. She turns around to see me and her jaw drops.

"K- Karl?" She smiles, making me giggle.

—Maria Pov—

I turn around to the some-what familiar voice. My jaw dropped as I saw my high school boyfriend. I used to be so head over heals for him. I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

"K- Karl?" I smile impossibly more, making Karl giggle. I ran into his arms, giggling like crazy.

"Still the best hugger I know" I giggled, pulling away from him. I was still so confused on what was going on.

"Are you like stalking me or something" I teased "How'd we end up here?"

"I know the guys who brought you here" He laughed "They've heard of you before and wanted to reconnect our relationship, I guess"

"I see...You talk about me?" I teased.

"Of course" He teased back "You're just so cool and funny and awesome" I laughed, him joining in.

"So, how are you? It's been a hot minute since we last talked" I asked, sitting down on the singular couch in the room.

"I'm good actually! I dropped out of college to be a full time youtuber and Twitch streamer which is actually doing really well!" He smiles, seeming proud of himself.

"Oh! Thats great!" I smile "When you said dropped out of college to do YouTube, I expected a sad ending there but I'm happy for you!" He laughs at my comment before sitting down next to me.

"How did psycho studies go?"

"Psychology?" I giggle as he nods "Really good actually and it pays really fucking well like Jesus Christ"

"I was always concerned that you were so fascinated by mental people" He giggles, making me laugh.

"Well I always wanted to be a psychologist because of...you know" I say as he gives me sympathetic look "Don't look at me like that"

"Like what?"

"Like I'm broken" I lean my head against the back of the couch, looking up at the ceiling "I'm over that shit, I just wanted to help and it's a fascinating subject" He mutters a small sorry before sitting in an uncomfortable silence for a few long seconds.

"How's the family?" He asks, making my gaze switch from the ceiling to him.

"My Ma died a couple years back" I told him "And I still don't talk to my dad after everything with my brother and I don't...um well you know what happened with him"

"Oh...I'm so sorry for your loss" He says "I know you loved your Ma dearly"

"Yeah...that woman was fucking amazing" I halfheartedly chuckle, holding back a few tears.

"She was always so lovely" I could only reply with a hum in agreement so the floodgates wouldn't open.

"I got my roommates tho! Sasha and Angel!" I say, trying to seem unbothered by the conversation "They're awesome! The amount of crazy nights out we've had, you should come along some time!" I'm interrupted from my rambling by his hand resting on my thigh.

"Maria..." He says softly

"Oh sorry, I'm rambling again. You talk! What's going on with you?" I ask quickly, immediately wiping away the few tears that rolled down my cheeks.

"Maria...stop. Do you wanna talk about?" Karl asks softly.

"Talk about what?" I ask, trying to act oblivious.

"Maria"

"I just needed a break, okay" I tell him, smiling sadly "This is a well-needed break. You always knew what to say"

"Are you okay?" He asks, giving me that same sympathetic look I hate.

"I'm just under so much pressure and I just can't cope with it all" I say in almost a whisper "I'm still taking care of my dad who doesn't want to speak to me. I'm still paying off my Ma's funeral and medical bills. And I had to sort everything to do with my brother!" 

"I just can't handle it all and I have no time for friends or family cause of school and my roommates don't help with anything" Tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably. He brought me into a hug.

"It's okay" He tries to calm me.

"I'm sorry that I'm doing this right now"

"You don't have to apologise, it's a lot to handle"

"And I can't break! There's such much I have to do and I can not let everyone down!"

"That's it! I can't do this!" He says getting up from the couch and looking at the camera "Stop this shit! This is so fucking cruel!"

"W- What?" I asked in confusion, my voice shaky from trying not to cry.

"Not you" Karl says quickly, facing me again "I'm so sorry" Jimmy, Chris and Chandler walk into the room. I'd briefly met them beforehand but we didn't chat that much.

"I'm so sorry! I won't post this, I promise" Jimmy says immediately.

"Would you kiss your high school girlfriend for 50,000 dollars would make a great title though" Chandler mutters, making me stand up immediately.

"You we're going to kiss me after all these years for a fucking video!?" I shouted, looking at Karl "¡Maldito gilipollas! ¡Pensé que eras una persona decente! You fucking asshole! I thought you were a decent person!"

I stormed out the room, pushing past the three boys infront of the door.