Chapter XVIII - Damall's Friendship

A dark cloak with a hood covered Damall, preventing anyone to see his shine. The cape rippled in the wind, as his horse galloped as fast as he could. Afterall, Damall wanted to return in time to be present at the wedding of Evellen and Cahal. He didn't wanted her marry the prince elf, but he couldn't do nothing against. Maybe just being there, at the temple, was enough to make Evellen change her mind. Perhaps that was the reason, Hidrill send him in that mission: in order for him to no persuade her daughter not to marry. After all, Aldaír was already expelled. Damall remain to be the only one close enough to stop her. And Hidrill had been clever on doing it so by using his pride, which he knew was the only thing Damall would care about, besides obliging to his vow to being a knight and, of course, his love for Evellen.

With that in mind, Damall reached the Cross, the place in the Kingdom where the four borders connected. Wanting to avoid the Land of Men, Damall crossed to the Land of Water, wanting to, then, cross to the Land of Fire. As he arrived at the Water Lands, he saw something he wasn't expecting to. Besides the beautiful green fields with natural blue waters and the summer sun above, there was someone laying on the grass. But the way the body was, caught Damall's attention at first sight. As he approached the body, the elf realized that actually it was a nymph. She was shivering and her lips were dry. Concerned, Damall jumpt to the floor and got closer to her. As he touched her, to help her on her feet, he felt her cold skin. Her violet dress was getting pale and he knew what that meant. Nymph clothing were connected to their spirit and hers were fading away.

- What's your name? – Damall asked, picking her up gently.

- Gra... Granaia... - The nymph muttered, trembling.

- I will help you, Granaia.

But she said nothing further. Damall sensed her weak pulse and, fearing for her life, he took her to his horse. After riding the horse, Damall decided to cross to the Lands of Fire with the nymph on his arms. After all, as an elvish knight he was, he knew that the closest House of Health was right next to the border of the Fire Lands.

After crossing the border, Damall headed north and, in a few minutes, he found the cave where the House of Health was. It was very crowded inside, with the healers, sláintedochtúir, running to help the ones that were ill and covered by white transparent veils.

- Help! I need a sláintedochtúir here! – Shouted Damall, carrying Granaia in his arms.

Earing such a beautiful, bright and sturdy voice, one sláintedochtúir look to see from where it came from. Seeing Damall, the centaur healer approached him.

- What happened, Elf of Light?

- I don't know. I found her like this.

When the centaur was about to take her in his arms, he realized what she was.

- She is a nymph. She's not from this land. – The healer said, fearful - She can't stay here.

- I know. – Damall said, insisting on passing her to the centaur.

The creature took Granaia in his arms and, looking once more towards Damall, said:

- After we heal her, we have to take her south.

- And so I hope you will.

The centaur rode off until a bed, near the wall, and laid the nymph there, covering her in blankets. After analyzing her, the centaur declared that she was pregnant, dehydrated and weak due to starving. While the centaur, treated her with some infusions made from herbs, Damall noticed that, in fact, there were a lot of beings in the House of Health.