•When I'm Gone (Duff)

Angsty Duff Imagine<3
(Alot of pov changes sorry)
————

Duff layed on the soft white fabric that covers his bed, the calming warm orange light of the sunset creeped threw the bedroom window and lit his angelic face and his blonde locks shimmer with a reddish-yellow hue. A flat sigh slipped from his pink thin lips, he hanged his head down the dainty green eyes of his staring down at his corse navy blue jeans. His slender finger played with the wedding ring on the other hand, twisting it around his finger tip grazing over the initials of his lover that was ingraved into the cold shiny metal. He tilted his head and his wavy hair fell off his shoulder the small piece of dark hair mixing into the blonde.

"Hey baby" He greated his lover with a small smile as they stepped threw the door way of the bedroom, an inviting smile shone from Y/n's face while they were walking up to Duff. Y/n flopped down on the springy mattress and gave sigh "I still have so much more to do with this house" their speech was muffled as they were laying on top of the blankets "Don't worry I'll take care of everything" Duff smiled again as his lover planted their soft lips on his cheek, his heart raced with so much adoration for them. Everytime he saw them it felt as if though they had just fell in love for the first time.

"Baby?..." He spoke nervously to his partner grazing his finger over their hand and taking it into his "Yes?" They awnsered "When I'm gone will you keep wearing your wedding ring...?" He asked fiddling now with Y/ns' wedding ring "Ofcourse baby," They said,Duff then reached his arms out to hold their lover tight in his arms. "But..." Y/n then spoke again staring into his baby green eyes that glistened in the sunlight, "Hm? What is it doll?" He said lovely caressing Y/ns' cheek.

"Why are you still wearing your wedding ring? Michael I'm gone."

"What..." He stayed still in shock as his lover began to dissappear

The room became dark, a cold breeze swept threw the thin curtains. The creased white sheets shived as I woke up, I stretched out my arm out to hold my partner only to meet to cold side of the bed where they once slept. I tiredly rubbed my irritated swollen eyes feeling the dry tear stains that was now familiar feel to my face, no matter how hard I tried to get rid of the bags under my eyes it hurts so much more that Y/n was not next to me. No one to hold close, no love to give. Their sent still lingers on the pillows which burns my heart to feel that the once comforting and loving smell was something now that I avoided.

Every muscle in my body was limp, my nerves were gone there was nothing to feel anymore anyways. I took the covers off myself and sat on the edge of bed, I held my head as I got up a bit to fast and a massive migraine hit me. When I could finally refocus and the headache slowly degreasing but not as much, I turned my attention to the pile of pictures on the side table that I was going threw to spend a few moments in the past . I picked up the first picture taking it into my two hands and rested on my thighs, the paper was slightly rumpled up from my dried out tears that washed over it the night before. Glancing over the picture of me and them I felt a huge pang in my heart, my throat becoming tighter and dry and my eyes tearing up again.

My mind wandered back to the dream I just had, they are and always will be locked in my memories, they were so far away but yet so close in my dreams I can't handle this anymore I clutched the paper tighter in my hands, "why..." my breath hitched as I shut my eyes bending forward and let out a cry of pain, the feeling of a broken heart was agonising. My heart beat raced as tears streamed down my face once again, sniffing and taking in shaky breaths. I then looked back at the picture and sighed trying to ease the tremendous pain I felt "Come back... please..."

The smell of fresh grass filled the air...
The two lovers talking about their future fantasies."Thanks for taking me here Duff, I love it" Y/n said as they layed back on their elbows on the picnic blanket in the spring field of flowers, "Anything for you" Duff smiled planting a kiss on their cheek. Oh how he loved them, no words could describe how much he did, nothing could take his love away. They were wrapped around his heart, Duff grazed his hand over Y/n and held it gently and lovingly,

"I'm gone, move on Duff"

Duff looked back up to see Y/n dissappeared once again, "No, no, no" tears welling up again in his eyes, breathe becoming shorter and the pain in his chest burned.

He stood up, the clouds now becoming darker and filling the blue sky, the sensation of dissappear and mourning in the air just like that faithful day. Scanning the now empty field around him, there was someone standing in the distance.

"Y/n..."

Running to the silhouette of his lover, with every step the futher they feel, every back breaking stride he could feel the burn in his heart worsen. The tears falling free from his face, breathing heavy as his heart pulled at longing feeling and memory of them and how he wanted them close to them, they were right there, so near yet so far.

Finally getting close enough just to grab his lover, his arm stretching out to hold them in a warm embrace.

"Gone..."

---------
1005 words
I'm quite proud of this
Tell me what you guys think :)
-Baz