In the beginning.

KIE POV:

It was finally winter in the obx. I felt the cold breeze on my skin as I walked outside to join the rest of the pogues by the fire. I sat down next to Chloe on the bench. It was nice having another girl around. We were now even, 3 to 3. I shivered as I tried to warm up.

"You cold Kie?" JJ asked me jokingly, as he already knew the answer.

"No jj, I'm burning hot" I say sarcastically, giving him a "are your dumb" face.

"Ain't that the truth." He said, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes while letting out a light chuckle. I knew he was joking. He would always mess around with me like that.

"Okay." Sarah said while placing her hand down on john b's leg to help her stand up. "I'm going to bed. it's cold."

"Yea, I'm about to do the same" I said while rubbing my cold hands together to warm them up.

Sarah walks inside, john b following her.

JJ POV

I watched as john b and Sarah went inside. They looked suspicious like they were going in early to...yk.

I then looked at my boy Pope who looked like he wanted to make a move on chleo. Haha.  he was so awkward it was funny.

I glance over at Kie and then pointed to chleo and Pope with my eyes. I looked back at her and raised my eyebrows letting her know that we needed to dip and leave them alone. She looked at me and nodded her head, agreeing with me.

"Kie. You need me to drive you home?" I asked casually.

"Uh yea I do actually, thanks." She says looking down at the ground beginning to quickly stand up. She got really nervous when lying. It was kinda cute. I mean like not cute but like... anyways we started walking to the road where everyone was parked.

"Y'all don't have to much fun with out us" I said jokingly to them as we got farther away.

I started walking towards my dirt bike and handed her a helmet.

"Hell no." She said, pushing the helmet into my chest. "We're taking the van. Are you crazy?" She says as she started walking to the Twinkie. I knew she would do that. She hated my bike. She even hated it when I road it. I only offered to see her get mad, it was funny.

KIE POV

He was crazy to think I would get on that death trap with him. He probably did it on purpose.

"Okay fine princess" he says, putting his hands up defensively and smiling with his head down.

I go to open up the passenger door but JJ quickly runs over and opens it for me.

"Boss" he says in a weird accent, probably quoting some old movie. He gestures his hand in the door and bows a little.

"Mm, what a gentleman" I say sarcastically, humoring his antics.

I get in and he shuts the door. He ran over to the drivers seat and got in. He starts cranking up the engine, recreating the noice it made with his mouth. I laughed at him because he was being an idiot like always. He had some serious ADHD.

He turned on the radio and we rolled down the windows. It was really fun ride home.

I always had the most fun when I was around JJ. He's definitely the life of the party, I thought as I looked at him sticking his head out the window like a dog. He was so free spirited even after everything he had been through. Out of no where, I suddenly got kinda sad. I couldn't stop thinking about all the things JJ had to go through on the daily with his dad. I looked at him for a while in admiration until he turned his head and looked at me.