Trauma..

Tw: dissociation??, she/they pronouns for Puffy, trauma, triggering someone by doing something, Tommy not understanding they/them pronouns for the first half, kinda misgendering but also not ?, mention of meds, mention of homophobia (mainly against non-binary) , saying it's selfish to ask for help, physical abuse, emotional abuse, flashbacks.
Tell me if I missed anything

Sorry if anyone dislikes me using she/they for Puffy but I wanted to...
Also be careful reading this it could be triggering or just really upsetting!
I put a question mark for dissociation Bc I don't want to say that's what it is and then have wrote it horribly..
Sorry this one is angsty lol, I know you all were happy about Puffy joining the story...

Italic is flashback/Dissociation? Part
————————————————————

Tommy Pov
----------------

I walked into the building, worrying about my therapy. I don't know if it'll go well considering I don't feel like sharing any trauma. I also have a hard time remembering what I've gone through since my brain likes to lock it up far inside. I decided to get over myself and walk in. Phil followed not far behind. Upon walking into the room, I saw Wilbur talking to some woman. I don't know who she is, but I'm assuming she's a therapist. Considering she had a therapist-like outfit, or at least it seemed like a therapist outfit to me. Wilbur turned to me and smiled brightly. He rushed over and hugged me. I slightly hugged back, not really liking the sudden touching but not disliking it either. "Toms, I missed you!" Wilbur smiled brightly at me before letting me go. I nodded in agreement, still worried about the appointment.

"So why are you here?" Wilbur looked at me confused. "Therapy." Sighing, I looked over at Phil. He was talking to the same lady that Wilbur was talking to so I'm gonna assume that's...Puffy? I think her name was Puffy at least. Walking over to Phil, I waved goodbye to Wilbur. Puffy smiled at me. Phil carefully and slowly put his hand on my shoulder. I'm glad he's careful, but he doesn't need to treat me with such pity. "Toms, this is Puffy. She's gonna be your therapist if you like how she does it. If not then we can always find someone else, but I have a feeling you'll like them." Them? Why did Phil use them? I thought I was only having one therapist. Eh whatever I'll ask about it later. "Um...Okay.." Puffy smiled brightly. "Well if you'd like to get started we can introduce ourselves in my office." I looked at Phil, not really wanting to go yet.

Phil smiled softly at me. "It'll be okay, I promise." Sighing, I followed Puffy to her office. What type of name is Puffy? I mean Techno's isn't much better but still. Upon walking into her office, I noticed multiple pictures of sheep. She must be a fan of sheep I guess. Puffy smiled and closed the door after I entered the room fully. Looking around, I realized how small the room was. My breathing picked up slightly, there's no open way out. I'm going to die here, I'll run out of oxygen and it will all be because of therapy. Snapping out of my thoughts as I felt my necklace being put between my teeth. I quickly bit down on it as my breathing slowed back down. Looking up at Puffy, I realize she had a worried look on her face. "Sorry about that...." Puffy frowned. "You don't have to say sorry. That wasn't in your control. Can you tell me what triggered it though so I can make sure not to do it again?" Wait what? She's not mad or anything? Maybe I shouldn't tell her what caused it, I don't need her pity. But I'd rather not feel claustrophobic... "Um...Too small of a room with no way out..." Puffy smiled with understanding and went to open up the door. She sat back down after opening the door. "Sorry I usually close the door for more privacy, but I'll make sure not to from now on." Nodding, I smiled slightly. She actually cared?

I'm glad she won't close the door anymore, now there's a way to get out of here if I need to. "So do you need some more time to calm down? It's okay if you do, I just don't want to get started if you still aren't comfortable." Looking at one of the sheep photos, I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah..I've calmed down enough." She smiled in a way that made me feel safe. "Okay Well let me introduce myself. My name is Cara, but most people call me Puffy. I go by She/Her and They/Them pronouns." They/Them?? What does She mean? Puffy smiled slightly at me. "I can practically see the confusion on your face. What's up?" Looking up at her nervously, I fiddle with my hands. "Uh what do you mean by They/Them??" She giggled softly, but I didn't feel offended. "Have you ever heard of nonbinary?" Nodding my head slightly, I looked at her even more confused. Why was she bringing up something that House Five said was wrong? "Well Nonbinary people use they/them. They/Them pronouns work just like She/her or He/Him pronouns." Tilting my head, I wait for her to continue. "Like, They are my best friend or They're so cool. Have you met Them? And then personally for me, it's 'She is my therapist and I think you'll like them.' " Nodding, I smiled slightly. "I think I get it...So is that why Phil called you them?" Puffy smiles and nods.

"Okay! Cool I can do that...Sorry for not knowing..." Puffy chuckled softly. "Don't worry, you just had to learn about it, everyone has to learn at some point. Now how about your introduction?" Smiling slightly, I nodded. "My name is Thomas, but I like to be called Tommy... Um, I go by He/him." "Nice to meet you, Tommy. How about today, we start out by just getting to know each other? We can ask each other questions or if you don't feel comfortable with that I can say something I like and then you can say what you like?" I don't feel like asking them questions right now so I think the second option is better. "Can we do the second one please..?" Puffy just smiles, grabbing two dry erase boards and some markers. "Some of my other patients like to draw whenever they talk, so I thought you could try it out." I took the dry erase board and marker, writing my name on the top of it. "Okay."

Puffy smiled softly and wrote her name on their board. "My favorite color is yellow, My favorite animals are sheep and one of my friends is Phil." I smiled slightly, this seems easy enough. "My favorite color is red. My favorite animals are probably cows...but I like a lot of animals. Um...Two of my friends are Tubbo and Ranboo...They're really nice." Puffy smiled brightly at me. "When I get upset, I call my friends for comfort." Tilting my head slightly at her sentence, why would they bother her friends with their problems? "When I get upset, I don't bother anyone with my problems cause that's rude and selfish..." Puffy's smile fell and her eyes filled with some emotion that I couldn't name. "Tommy...you aren't bothering them and you aren't being selfish or rude whenever you ask for help. Okay?" She does seem to know a lot of things so maybe she's right...but she is saying the opposite of everything I've been told.

I watched as the ground changed beneath my feet, the colors changing from the soft grey to a dark brown. The walls change from their beautiful painting filledness to a dark grey wall with the paint chipping off. This all looks too familiar to forget, but there's no way I could be back there...right? I mean...this is probably a dream right? Did I go to sleep? I don't think I ever did...? "THOMAS!!!" No no no no no no no no no no....There's no way....I'm just having a nightmare....I'm not back...I can't be. "THOMAS!" I rush up the stairs to see who is calling me, even though I have a good idea of who it is. There she is, the one and only, house number 5's owner. "Miss..." She smirked looking over at me. "Finally Thomas. Why'd you take so long? You better have a good reason." Without me doing anything my body spoke on it's own. "I'm sorry..Miss I just wasn't feeling good today..So I was talking to one of my friends about it.." Her face turned bright red with anger. "YOU WERE WHAT?! That is horribly rude. Don't you know better than to bother someone else with your STUPID Feelings! Don't ever do that again. You're so FUCKING SELFISH!" With the last word, I felt a sting against my cheek. Bringing my hand up to check, I realized she hit me. She seemed mighty proud of herself as well. She didn't stop at that, she just continued to hit me until I had a bright red handprint bruise on my face. Tears filled my vision as laid in pain on the ground. Closing my eyes, I started to give up.

Opening my eyes, I noticed the lights were dimmed and I was back in Puffy's office. "What..? How...I was just.." Puffy seemed to notice I was back and slowly walked over to me. "Are you back with me..?" She was talking really quietly but it was kind of nice. "I think so...What happened? I was just at house five...how am I here?" Puffy frowned. "I don't know exactly what it was cause it could have been a couple different things, but you weren't at house five. You were here the entire time, your brain just tricked you into thinking that you were there. I'm terribly sorry for triggering that." Looking at them confused, I nodded. "Tommy, I had planned to keep this light hearted but I think it might be a good idea to talk about your past.. So we can get you on meds that will help. So are you comfortable talking about at least some of your trauma...?"

——————
Sorry for not updating, life has been an asshole.

Also if you guys could use they/them pronouns for me more often that'd be amazing thanks ☺️

Hope you enjoyed! I'd love to talk about things your interested in about the story! Or any questions.
Sorry that I don't have an update schedule :(