Ch3: A Little Overheated Pt 2

When they got outside into the hallway, Joshua placed Pela down onto the floor and then closed the classroom door.

After he closed the door, he looked at her.

"Pela...?" He said, concerned and worried about her.

Pela felt really hot.

"Listen, Joshua... This is something that I can't control! It's not my fault that this planet chose me to defend my volcano in the Caribbean island of Martinique." She said as the steam began to now get really intense.

Joshua nodded his head yes in understanding as he was now taking all of this in.

*So... I was right after all. Pela is a volcanic deity from the Caribbean but, how did she end up here...? Maybe I should ask her and see if I can try and help with the situation. Plus, she is so little. Maybe I can also take care of her. I might as well ask her...* He said to himself as Pela was now beginning to calm herself down.

Joshua then placed his hand on her shoulder as he was kneeling down.

"Pela, has any of your family seen your volcanic powers like this in action?" He asked, lifting her head up so that Pela could look into his eyes.

Pela nodded her head yes.

"My Mama and Daddy saw my volcanic powers and since then, they haven't been very accepting of me." She said, before tears began to drip down from her eyes.

Joshua nodded his head yes in understanding.

Pela was so young and already, her volcanic powers were taking a toll on her which brought Joshua to his next question.

"Pela, how old are you?" He asked, wiping her tears.

When Joshua asked her that question, something inside of her began to move, causing her to freak out and hyperventilate.

Joshua smiled at her and placed a hand on her warm shoulder.

"Don't worry, Pela. I won't be mad. Your secret will be safe with me but, I'll have to consider it so that I can teach you something different. Something that you'll understand." He said, in a reassuring voice as Pela began to calm down.

Pela then hugged him.

"Joshua, I am five years old even though sometimes, I feel like I am two years old whenever I'm in my Littlespace at home." She said, Joshua's hands gripping onto hers.

Joshua nodded his head yes in understanding but, he was confused when she mentioned 'littlespace'.

He now definitely had to teach Pela something different.