XXXI. Found You!

Quick note - This chapter and the rest of it will be written in 3rd POV moving forward.

Chapter Thirty-One

THAT hurts. Hindi napigilan ni Xyrene ang luha sa mata na tumulo habang sila ay nasa hapag-kainan. It pained her to hear those words from her husband. The pain Xavier felt and the conclusion that this all happened because of her because he let himself be associated with her life.

"Why is she crying?" tanong ni Aviona na nagpabalik sa kanyang ulirat. Xyrene stared at Aviona and Toffee, both are looking at her with wonder.

Napatingin naman siyang sunod kay Vera and Keno. Both knew what happened because they heard it straight from Xavier's mouth a while ago. Vera held Xyrene's hand and gripped it with warmth. She sadly smiled at her.

"I am just staring too long without closing my eyes, little Princess. I am not crying, come on, finish your food so you can play with Toffee."

Both kids just stared at each other and continued eating their food.

After their dinner, Xyrene was staring at the vast ocean ahead of her while the moon was strikingly shining in the sky. It also made her Lunar tattoo glowed. Nakahalukipkip s'ya habang hawak ang isang vape sa isang kamay.

"You're overthinking, aren't you?"

Hindi na nilingon pa ng dalaga ang dumating sa veranda at sinamahan na lamang s'yang umupo sa isa pang upuan.

Pain crossed her chest. The pain of missing her Sweetie was so bad and at the same time, scared of what will happen next after this.

"He doesn't want me alive," said Xyrene and five words were enough for her tears to flow rapidly.

Xyrene felt Vera went to her area and hugged her tight. Hindi na napigilan pa ng kanyang sarili at yinakap ang kaibigan. She cried a river on her chest, crying loudly. She needs to let it out. She wants to be vulnerable even just for tonight. She missed him so badly, she wants to be with him so bad. She wants to hug him because her husband's in constant pain. Pero 'di pa pwede dahil sa mga nangyayari ngayon.

"He only said that because he's in deep pain, Xy. He'll be okay tomorrow." Vera tried to console her but she only shook her head.

Xyrene knows him. His rage might still be somehow different from what he was before but he spoke what he really meant to happen.

He clearly doesn't want her to be alive. He doesn't want to see her anymore.

Bigla n'yang naalala ang mga bagay na nangyari sa kanila ilang taon na rin ang nagdaan after they got married. How he is willing to give up his throne in the Coltrane Mafia to give their future family less hassle and enemy because of their dark businesses. How he always tells her that he couldn't wait to have a baby and start anew. How he's been so sweet and loyal to her.

"Aren't you blaming Asia for all of these?" parehas na natigilan sina Vera and Xyrene when they heard Keno asked that question.

He's leaning on the glass wall of her room, his face is serious and dark.

"She basically ruined your lives. She ruined your happy marriage with Xavier habang hindi ka man lang binigyan ni Asia ng pagkakataon Vera na makapagsimula ng bagong buhay with Evo. Asia didn't give you a chance to say no on this mission. Hindi n'ya kayo hinayaang magdesisyon kung gusto n'yo ba 'to o hindi—"

"Stop," it was Vera who spoke.

"Why would I stop? Tama ako hindi ba? Hindi man tayo naging close ng sobra pero what she's doing with your lives are not right! Ako ang unang umayaw sa plano n'yang 'to! It will only bring you both to your destruction! She is destroying you both!"