Purple Eyes and Little White Lies

I wake up at 7am and sit in the living room until my aunt leaves for work. Once she's gone, I run back to my room and open the wooden box containing the brooch, pinning it to my shirt. Almost instantly, the little purple kwami known as Nooroo appears in front of my face.

"Hello master, what is it I can do for you?"

"Hi Nooroo, I was just wondering what exactly you are? And what do you do?"

"Well," he says, twirling through the air "I am the kwami of transmission. I allow my masters to harness my powers through the butterfly miraculous."

Nooroo continues to explain how he is able to transform his masters into butterfly-themed heroes and the power they possess, about the 19 other kwamis and their history, and how to activate the powers. 

"Oh alright, let me try. Nooroo, dark wings ri-"

"Master wait! I must tell you one more thing. The Miraculouses are not meant to be used for evil."

"Nooroo, what I'm doing isn't evil. I'm trying to save my mother."

"Master, I can tell your intentions are pure, but your actions are being led by evil." 

Nooroos refuses to meet my gaze, keeping his purple eyes trained on the floor. I know what I'm about to do isn't good, but I don't think any of this is evil. Kwamis aren't made for evil, I'm just planning on using his power in a slightly different way. The only thing I need his powers for is to retrieve the ladybug and cat miraculous so I can bring my mother back, and I won't stop until I've done that.

"Nooroo, dark wings rise"

My vision flashes as I lose balance, feeling as if I'm being blown across the room in several different directions. Once the spinning has stopped, I can instantly feel the power. Feelings wash over me, coming from everyone around me. I close my eyes, imagining every person and the emotions attached to them. A woman pushing a baby in a stroller feels relieved that her baby has finally gone to sleep. A man feeding birds is content with everything life has to offer him. A man with his girlfriend radiates such joy and excitement, planning on surprising his girl tonight for their anniversary. The girlfriend, however, doesn't feel the same. She is angry and upset, thinking he forgot about their 'most important day'.

Wow, how selfish I think as I roll my eyes. If it's so important to her, why not just remind him? 

I tap my bedroom floor with the cane, causing a torrent of silky white butterflies to be released all around me. I hold out my hand as a tiny butterfly lands in my palm. I gently cup my other hand over it and whisper "Fly away my little akuma, and evilize her" before placing a soft kiss over my fist and releasing it. The butterfly flies through a small crack in my bedroom window, making its way to my first victim. 

As soon as the butterfly makes contact with the girl, I am able to feel the control I have over her. 

"Hello Lady Bitterness, I am Hawk Moth. People don't appreciate you enough, they don't seem to care. I give you the power to consume people with guilt for all the wrong they have caused towards you and others."

"Yes, Hawk Moth. What shall I give you in return for my power?"

I pause, thinking for a moment what I should ask for in return.

"I want you to let Ladybug and Chat Noir know that they are facing a new threat, deadlier than ever before. Now go and wreak havoc on the city of Paris."

And with that, Lady Bitterness begins inflicting tyranny.

Within five minutes, she's already paralyzed a small percentage of Paris, causing her victims to fall to the floor in a puddle of their own tears, weighed down by the burden of what they've done throughout their lifetime.