Gifts for a Ghost

A week ago everything changed for Yashiro, Nene. A week ago she realized the truth about how she felt for a certain ghost. How she has felt about him for a while.

Yashiro had been in eighth period, the last period of the day before she had to clean the bathrooms after school. It had been in this class period that a beautiful purple haired girl had tried talking to Yashiro.

"Psst! Yashiro." The beautiful purple haired girl whispered, trying to get Yashiro's attention without getting caught by the teacher. Now she wasn't just any girl in Yashiro's class, she was her best friend, Aoi. Aoi was the most popular girl in the entire school with boys following her around every where she went, it is true that she was the prettiest girl in school. How she became Yashiro's friend, even Yashiro herself didn't know how or why, but she never complained because Aoi was as sweet as she was stunning.

"What is it?" Yashiro asked in a hushed tone.

"You know how you always are dying to run into Minamoto Sempai? Well I hear he's going to be visiting the garden before leaving school today so if you want to talk to him, or even confess now's the time." Ah Teru Minamoto, every girl wanted to date him, he's perfect in everyway. Perfect grades, looks, he's even is a gentleman, or at least that's what Yashiro used to think. Now a days her head is filled with thoughts of Hanako-kun.

"Actually I don't think I like Minamoto Sempai anymore." Aoi looked at Yashiro as though she was a completely different person.

"When did you stop liking him? You used to talk about him non-stop all the- oh wait now I know~"

"You know what?"

"Who's the lucky boy?"

"What? I don't like anyone though." Yashiro insisted, although is was painfully obvious she did.

"Oh come on you can tell me anything Nene." Aoi smiles, slightly tilting her head as she placed her hand on her cheek. 

"No really I don't."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Okay but if you do find someone, let me know." Aoi says before facing the front of the classroom again. For the rest of the class period Yashiro wondered if there could possibly be a guy she liked. Even after class was dismissed she couldn't think of anyone she liked or could like. She decided the topic didn't matter as she rushed off to see her friend Hanako-kun.

"Hanako-kun! I'm here." She said entering the bathroom only to see no one was there. Worried she checked every stall, but still there was no sigh of that doughnut loving apparition. "I guess he's not here." She said sadly, which surprised her to say the least. 'Why am I upset that he isn't here? It's not like I enjoy cleaning the bathroom so why do I feel so....disappointed?'

"Oh hey Yashiro, didn't expect you to get here so early." The raven haired ghost with moon like amber eyes said as he entered the bathroom. 

"I just got out of eighth period early, that's all." She lied. As long as Hanako-kun had known Yashiro he knew she was a terrible liar.

"Oh really~ So it wasn't that my favorite assistant wanted to see me?" He gave his signature cat like grin inching closer to her by the second.

"T-that's not it!" She protested, wailing her arms around.

"Well I sure wanted to see you." He said once he was close enough to hug her, hiding the little bit of blush he had on his cheeks from her. Yashiro's mind went wild. 'He wanted to see me? Why? He has to be just teasing me, there is no way he meant that.' Unfortunately for Yashiro that's not the only thing that went wild, for her heart was beating in her chest so rapidly that she actually thought she was going to have a heart attack and die.