chapter fifty-six

season two ; episode four { Homecoming }
chapter fifty-six

BROOKLYN HAD NEVER WANTED TO LET LOOSE SO MUCH IN HER LIFE

BROOKLYN HAD NEVER WANTED TO LET LOOSE SO MUCH IN HER LIFE. She had been craving for a Pogue party since John B and Sarah were presumed dead. She wanted to let all her feelings out by getting high and dancing on tables with a beer bottle in hand. Now, she was with her best friends, all five of them and this night was about to go from good to perfect.

Kiara and JJ provided beers for the group and they chose to have their party at the Château. What was amazing was that nobody knew that Sarah and John B were alive never mind being in OBX.

And as night was falling over Outer Banks, the six of them had found themselves in the hot tub with beers in their hands and smiles on their faces.

The boys had competitions to see who could drink their beer the quickest. JJ and Brooklyn fought each other at arm wrestling matches for about an hour until she admitted defeat. She did beat John B though. Everyone cheered and whooped as the music from Kiara's phone grew louder.

Brooklyn had never laughed more.

She didn't stop laughing when she stood up on the side of the hot tub to make a speech. "John B. Sarah." She looked in between the two, holding her beer can high in the air. "I have missed both of you dearly and I've been crying and sitting around for a while wondering if you guys were really dead..." She paused for a second to take this moment in before saying, "Now you're both here. I have all my family in one place and I've never been more grateful..." She was ready to end when she turned back to say one last thing, "Also... if you guys plan on getting married can I at least get some sort of invite? You could've sent me a message or—."

"Okay, Brooke!" John B yelled over the top of her speech/rant. "Thanks for that. We've missed you."

JJ slipped on a pair of sunglasses and he began to skid along the grass and over to the girl who was still standing on the side of the hot tub. JJ held out his hand and bent his body forward slightly before saying, "Need a hand, m'lady?"

She held out her hand to him and he reached up to grab her waist. He pulled the girl safely down to his level, holding her close so he could press his lips against hers. Brooklyn's arms fell around his neck and she yelled a little too loudly, "You look beautiful, JJ!"

"You look beautiful, too, darling!" 

Brooklyn's attention was brought to Pope who began to rap, "I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth. Yeah, call me lotion." They all laughed at the boys attempt to rap, it wasn't the worst thing Brooklyn had heard.