8.

It was six o'clock. The time that Meredith had told him to be at her apartment so they could give Laura a bath. He had brought dinner like he had promised. Pizza and a few other little things that he thought she might like and a small new toy for Laura. He felt weird as he stood at her door, some kind of butterflies in his stomach, waiting for her to open and let him in.

"Hey...." Meredith smiled a bit, opening the door with Laura cradled in her other arm, sucking on a pacifier. "She just stopped crying."

"So you're not a completely failure at this." Derek laughed.

"Oh thanks Der." Meredith rolled her eyes, opening the door wider as she let him in. "Actually I think she just got too tired."

"Did you feed her already?"

"Yeah....she took most of her bottle."

"Good job, Laura." Derek whispered, kissing the baby's cheek.

"It's the first one she's really taken all day." Meredith replied, walking towards the kitchen.

"She was probably starving after not eating all day."

"Probably." Meredith sighed, taking the bib off of Laura.

"I brought dinner for us." Derek smiled, putting the bag on the small kitchen table.

"What did you bring?" Meredith asked, walking up to him as she adjusted Laura in her arms.

"I got a few slices of pizza, breadsticks and some baked ziti." Derek said.

"Yumm...."

"Thought you'd like it."

"You just know me so well." She giggled as she handed Laura to him.

"Hi there, little girl." Derek smiled, holding Laura's little hand. "Long time no see."

"So um....do you want to do the bath now?" Meredith asked, watching as he kissed Laura's hand. "Since she's tired and...."

"Sure." Derek smiled, still looking at Laura.

"Okay umm...I already put the bath thing...in the bath tub ." Meredith replied, turning to walk out of the kitchen. "Let me know what else you need and..."

"Stop right there." Derek laughed.

"Stop what?"

"We're not doing this with that little baby bath."

"Then why did you tell me to buy one?"

"You do need it...but we're not using it tonight."

"Why?" Meredith asked, looking at him in confusion.

"We're doing it differently." Derek smiled. "Take Laura for a second."

"Why?" Meredith asked, frowning as she took Laura into her arms.

"Because..." Derek said. "We're going to take a bath with her.

"I'm sorry I don't....we're taking a bath....Derek...what are you talking about?"

"We're taking a bath with her." Derek repeated, reaching down and starting to unzip his pants.

"Woah..." Meredith quickly turned around.

"I wasn't going to take a bath with my clothes on." Derek laughed. "You can turn around...I'm not naked.:

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Meredith turned around, spotting Derek in just a pair of Navy Blue swim trunks, with a huge smile across his face. "You're giving her a bath like that?"