home

Daniel came home with me that night. We didn't speak much, but his actions said enough.

We're going to get through this together. I won't lie to myself any longer, I know that there's something wrong. There's always been something wrong I've just been really good at ignoring it. 

It's time I opened that little door in the back of my conscious and face what awaits me.

Daniel had his own monsters to face as well. There's so much hidden behind his smiles. For the first time in my life, I'd met somebody who was my complete opposite yet lived a life so similar to mine. Daniel's methods may seem more extreme, but at the end of the day I was no better. Working non stop, torturing myself to make up for something I had yet to figure out. 

Daniel and I clung to each like lost souls. I brought him up to my apartment and into my room, my hand still embraced with his since the incident.

I pulled his jacket off and laid it on an empty chair, I lifted his shirt over his head, and I guided him over to the bed.

Daniel had yet to say a word and I was too afraid to speak first. Afraid I'd scare hime off. He lifted his arm to rest his hand on my cheek and I gratefully leaned into his warmth. 

His hands began to roam as his thumb moved to rub across my bottom lip, making it's way down my neck and over my arms. He reached down and tugged at the hem of my shirt as I allowed him to pull it off of me.

He stopped there. 

We sat like this for what seemed like forever, just studying each other. Our gazes exploring the skin in front of us, but our eyes did not hold lust. Just curiosity.