Chapter 1- A Fateful Ecounter

Blind sighted by a day of stress and hard work, Twilight Sparkle was wrapped up in her own head as she hurried towards the nearby coffee shop 'Coffee Shop'. Completely unaware of her surroundings, Twilight leapt to the side of the foot path as a short man with a Great Dane puppy ran through. Having just narrowly avoided being trampled, she shakily continued walking but as she reached the coffee shop she misstepped and tumbled over the curb side.

Trying to stop herself from falling she desperately reached out, only for her hoofs to collide with a hard surface nonetheless. Stunned, she slowly looked upwards to see a breathtaking bird holding her arms so she didn't fall. Twilight's breath caught in her mouth and her eyes took in the stunning man standing before her. His beak was sharp and shiny, his feathers soft and pruned, his muscles poked through his grey oversized hoodie...his hoodie that was now soaked in steaming hot coffee.
"I-I'm so sorry!" Twilight stammered as the mysterious bird carefully helped her to her feet. He gave her a half smile, trying not to look too disappointed about the fact that his hoodie was stained with the smell of coffee grounds.
"Don't worry about it." He smiled and let go of Twilights arms. There was an awkward moment of silence, and as Twilight was drawn to his beautiful eyes, she realised she had just ruined this poor guy's hoodie and wasted his coffee.
"I'll pay you back for the hoodie and the coffee, once again I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed nervously, but the tall blue bird remained as cool and collected as ever.
"Honestly it's fine." he replied, but quickly added "You could treat me to another coffee right now if you're free?"

Twilight had never ditched work before, she already knew how mad her boss would be now that he wouldn't get his coffee on time. She knew that she should get the coffee and rush back to work as fast as her hooves could take her, she would have to make up an excuse as to why she was late and put in extra hours to make up for it but...something about this guy made her want to ignore all of her responsibilities and casually have a coffee with a man that she's just met. Surely that's not too much to ask, is it?

Curious, the handsome bird raises an eyebrow as he patiently awaits for a reply. Cheeks flushed, she humbly accepted and decided her stick in the mud boss would have to have his coffee another time. Now was Twilights time to have her coffee, and escape from the harsh reality that she lived in. Pleased, the bird smoothly opened the coffee shop door for Twilight, smiled and said,
"Oh, by the way, my name's Mordecai."