𝐑𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬

The pogues and you had been together since elementary when you had declared to be 'best buds forever'

Of course, you guys were living up to the phrase since you were now in high school and you all remanded the best of friends.

However, there still were some highs and lows, like when the whole group got to stay at John b's for days on end or when Kiara left the group for a year or so when she enrolled in the Kook academy. She eventually came back in the end.

Along the way the group had put down some boundaries, making some rules. They were simple rules like, once a Pogue always a Pogue or never take JJ's weed without asking....but there was one rule that didn't seem to matter until now.

Now you all were in high school meaning you were a teenager who was learning about life and going through some things. One being hormones.

As you got older you became more appealing to people. Also, you had your own attraction to certain individuals.

But there was one, in particular, JJ Maybank. He was your best friend. The person you were closest to. Don't get it wrong you were close with the other Pogues but JJ was your partner in crime. He would do anything for you.

Along the way, he became bigger, strong, and very very attractive. Which was clear to everyone since he had girls crawling all over him, hooking up with a different one each week.

But eventually, he found out his heart was longing for something different. Something he had been searching for but never found even though it was right under his nose.

Then one day it suddenly hit him, harder than a bolt of lightning.

It was you.

He wanted you. He realized his eyes lit up every time you walked into a room, his stomach fluttered with butterflies every time you laughed or smiled, and his heart raced when you got closer than 5 feet.

But every time he thought he would get the nerves to tell you he liked you, John b's familiar words rang in his head.

"No Pogue on Pogue macking"

He knew the rule was there for many reasons, one being so that when two break up it wouldn't split the whole group but JJ was sure he couldn't survive any longer without telling you how he felt.

Soon enough he told you in private exactly how he felt taking the risk of rejection. However, to his surprise, you liked him back which made fireworks explode within him.

But with the rule still in play, you two had to keep your relationship a total secret from everyone in the world around you. Especially the pogues.

You had never done anything so difficult in your life. You felt like a criminal, sneaking into JJ's bedroom at night or stealing a small kiss every now and then. It was hard for JJ to control himself when in front of the group. He wanted to cuddle you, hold your hand, play with your hair, all those things that couples usually do but he had to fight the urge to want to do those lovey-dovey things.

The good news was that the pogues never suspected a thing, meaning the two of you had been good at keeping your relationship a secret.

Now, you laid in bed missing the way JJ's strong arms held you so tight when you cuddled. You just wished you could sleep in the same bedroom at John b's.

JJ was feeling the same as he laid on his back spread across his bed. He had a pair of earbuds in listening to some music to help him sleep but it was no use. He couldn't sleep well without you and all the songs on his playlist reminded him of you.

Eventually, he couldn't take it any longer.

He sat up taking his earbuds out standing up. His feet padded against the wooden floor out of his room and down the hall to the bedroom where you slept. He creaked open the door slightly to see you fast asleep on the bed with the covers pulled up over your tiresome body.

"Y/n" he called out hoping you were the slightest bit awake and could hear him. "Psst Y/n"

"What J?" you whispered crankily as you turned over to look at him sleepily, annoyed that he had woke you up just after you had finally fallen asleep after constant tossing and turning.

"Can I sleep with you?" he questioned knowing there was no way he would get any kind of sleep without you in his arms.

"No," you said abruptly turning back over on your side.

"Why not?"

"I said no JJ now go back to bed before you get caught" you replied waving him off so you could actually try to get some decent rest.

Within a matter of seconds, you heard the bed creak as you felt more weight being pressed into the mattress. A pair of veiny arms wrapped around your waist along with a head being placed above yours and a warm body being pressed against you.

"What are you do—no-no" you muttered pushing his arms off you getting ready to push him off the bed.

"Stop it's fine" he claimed tightening his grip to stop your struggling around then he kissed the back of your head.

"You gotta leave in the morning okay?" you stated knowing if the pogues saw you cuddling with JJ they would fuss and shove the no pogue on pogue macking rule down your throat.

"Yeah yeah I know. I just can't sleep without you" JJ whispered closing his eyes as he concentrated on the soft rise and fall of your body when you breathed.

A pink shade tinted your cheeks at his words. The fact that he had to have you to feel comfortable enough to sleep made your heart flutter out of control.

It wasn't long before you were falling asleep feeling safer than ever in your boyfriend's arms.

You and JJ had slept so well you forgot to wake up before the pogues did which wasn't good in your favor.

John b's was always the first to wake and was responsible for waking everyone else for breakfast. This morning the last thing he was expecting to see was JJ and you cuddling as close as possible in your bedroom.

When he opened the bedroom his lips parted as his eyes widened for a second.

"Oh" he murmured staring at you and JJ dead asleep on bed snuggled in the blankets.

"What?" Kiara who was walking by yawned noticing how John b looked so shocked. She took a peek into the bedroom gasping dramatically.

"Aw!" she soothed smiling at her two closest friends cuddling. She had always shipped them and couldn't wait for them to finial admit their feelings. She could always sense the flirtation between you and JJ. "They're so cute. Let them sleep John b"

"What about no Pogue on Pogue macking?" John b scoffed borrowing his eyebrows at the curly-haired girl.

"Do JJ and Y/n ever follow the rules? Puls look at them! Isn't that adorable?" Kiara beamed gesturing to you two as she grinned wildly making a mental note to ask you how long you and JJ had been together when you woke up.

✧✧✧✧✧

𝖲𝗈 𝖨 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝖾𝗐 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀𝖾𝖽 𝗌𝗈 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖽......𝗌𝗈 𝗂𝗆 𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆. 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗆𝖺𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝖻𝖾 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 :)

𝖡𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗅𝗒 𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽