04. CHASING PAVEMENTS

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

time definitely brought you both closer, especially when sucrose would leave you both alone more often. it was like you two were rekindled flames, touching and sparking against each other. currently, you were walking to the tip of dragonspine with albedo, holding many empty tubes in your hand. 

albedo was sweaty, his palms rubbing his forearms in an attempt to distract himself from looking at you. these days, his feelings were sorted out━he had some sort of feeling towards you, but again, was it truly love? he couldn't tell. he wouldn't be able to tell without a clear experiment, without a clear answer. so...

"hey, y/n?"

"yeah, kreideprinz?" his heart raced faster.

gulping, he continued. "could i...tell you something?"

"yeah, of course!" you smiled, eyes crinkling. "what's up?"

"i..." he trailed off, both of you stopping on the last step. "i think...my heart is beating, y/n."

"well, obviously, kreideprinz. everybodys' heart beats. it's an organ!" you raised an eyebrow, settling the things on the ground as you cleared your throat. "so...what does that mean?"

"it's...beating for you, y/n," he hushed, causing you to blink. "i...think my heart really likes you, y/n."

"albedo, wh━"

"whenever i'm with you, i kind of feel that fuzzy feeling. it makes me want to laugh and smile when i'm around you, it makes me...happy. you...make me happy, y/n. i want to be here with you here━and if you're only here for winter, then let's live in dragonspine. forever, eternally here...it's winter. i want to be with you, even though it's been only a short time period. so please, grant me my single wish━and stay longer...with me."

you smiled softly, seeing his shivering hands. while it wasn't the cold, the tremble in his confession said it all. "are you sure, albedo?"

"of what?"

"of me staying here," you whispered, chuckling. "you know, i'm not the best chemist. i can write a few pieces of notes, but...i don't know if i can continue on mixing slime condensate with grass pollen forever." 

your statement made albedo chuckle, causing him to look down for a bit. you giggled as well, looking at him. "however...i wouldn't mind staying here for a little longer━besides, i should grant you at least one wish, right, kreideprinz?"

albedo leaned forward, smiling at you. "can you grant me one more?"

"hm...sure," you nodded, his hand reaching up and intertwining with yours. "what is it?"

"kiss me," he whispered, but before you could respond, his soft lips pressed onto yours, feelings of butterflies and crystalflies swirling in your stomach. this feeling was irreplaceable, after all, it was love. he was surely in love, kissing you with a passion that felt like everything to him. 

maybe it was the cold snow that mixed in between your lips, the hot blush that melted the cold temperature from both of you. however, one thing was for sure━love was in the air.

"gotcha!" sucrose whispered, taking a photo on her film camera. snickering, she took out the photo, looking at it fade in. "i have to thank mr. albedo for making this. this will definitely come in handy, hehe..."

sucrose took one last look at both of you, crossing her arms behind the large pillar. leaning against it, you sighed. "love. ah...how cute," she whispered, grinning before she walked down the steps, back to the campsite where she'd continue working on the ruin guard.

"i really...love you, y/n," albedo pulled away, grabbing your hands earnestly. 

"i...love you too, kreideprinz," you giggled, ecstatic. "my little snow dove."

"snow dove?" he questioned. "ah...you're talking about that dove again, aren't you?"

"mhm!"

"ah...i guess i'll let you call me that. only because i love you."