05. MOUNTAINS OF SNOW

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

"i'm taking y/n out for a while," albedo said to sucrose, causing the girl to perk up. "make sure it doesn't wake up."

"okay, mr. albedo," she nodded, smiling. "ooh, wait. are you both going on a date?"

albedo instantly turned to her, causing you to snort as you watched from the fire. "we are," you answered, causing albedo to look your way. "what? am i supposed to lie to my friend?"

"lovebirds, get out of my sight," she sighed, shooing you off. "although...i guess you guys look cute together."

"...thanks, sucrose," you smiled, beckoning to the outside. "now, shall we go, my genius?"

"you just love~ to make new names don't you?"

"only for you."

so, intertwining your hands together, you both walked out of the campsite, albedo placing your intertwined hands in his coat pocket. you had finally brought a nice pair of heavy layers this time (so that your boyfriend wouldn't get cold taking care of you.)

he took you back up to the tip of the mountain, instead, not to mix things together, but to enjoy your time together. "so, what do you do in liyue, y/n?"

"oh, i help at this publishing house," you responded, smiling. "i help a writer there in liyue. he's super friendly and popular among many readers and authors of his own."

"let me guess━xingqiu?"

"huh?" you widened your eyes, stopping in your tracks. it caused albedo to grin at your dumbfoundedness, chuckling. "how did you know?"

"i'm his illustrator."

"woah, you can draw?" you gasped, excited. "can you draw me? pretty, pretty please?"

"i'll...think about it," he winked at you, unafraid to cause you to become flustered. after all, the only obstacle in his way was his feelings━but now that you both were dating, he had nothing to be afraid of you. "hey, y/n, do you like it here?"

"i do, maybe because you're here or because of the scenery," you shrugged, both of you sitting in a cave. he made sure to clean the snow from under you, scooping it into his bare hands before piling onto his side. "even though it's cold and a bit scary, i wouldn't mind living here."

"i see..." he nodded, chuckling. "well, hopefully, you stay a bit longer as you claimed."

"i agree," you sighed, looking down at your snowy boots. "however, winter's almost over. i'll have to go prepare for liyue's festival, so━"

"i'll make sure...to come by," he smiled, and with his soft gesture, your heart warmed. "i'll travel many places for you, y/n. you deserve to be chased after."

he was awfully sweet at flirting with you, and you liked it lots. "is it me or the truth you're chasing after?"

"well, both, i presume, but mostly you," he said, wrapping his around your shoulders. "you're my truth."

"i'm not your master's request, kreideprinz," you shook your head, clasping your hands together. "i'm just a traveler from liyue."

"soon, you'll be my wife."

"oh, shut it."

after your long and amusing date filled with kisses and soft, coaxing words, you made your way down the mountain, hand in hand. "hey, albedo?" you questioned.

"yeah?"

"how long do doves live?"

"hm..." he asked, causing you to look closely at him. cute. "depends on their environmental conditions. some can last years, while others can just live average at 1.5 years."

"what about those who live longer than the rest? are they special?"

"i suppose so, why?"

"...just asking," you grinned, immediately thinking of him. "you...remind me of one."

"you say that a lot these days," albedo sighed, shaking his head. "i'd rather be your boyfriend than a dove. although it makes the traveling part easier, i'd rather not die to a fallen sword."

"i suppose so," you shrugged, smiling. "anyway, i'm going to head to mondstadt for a bit. do you need anything?"

you both stopped at the campsite, sucrose being already gone since it's dark. albedo furrowed his eyebrows together, frowning. "are you sure you'll be safe going down?"

"i'm strong, albedo, don't worry," you grinned, giggling. "now, what do you need?"

"you."

"funny, but seriously, kreideprinz━"

"fine, some more slime condensate."

"okay!" you smiled, nodding. "see you soon, prince."

"...bye, y/n."