1 - Meet

Dear Aocchi!

Happy birthday!  You're finally 13 now!  I hope that this year, you will make lots of friends!

Aoko almost laughed out loud when she read that sentence.  "I have been trying for the past thirteen years of my life," she sighed out loud, then continued.

Anyways, here's a little surprise for your birthday!  They're all the rage back in Akiba, and I think they're super kawaii!!  He'll keep you company.  His name is Haruki.  Picked him out myself for you!  I hope you have fun and smile!

From your ever awesome onee-chan,

Chiyo

Aoko picked up the little brown box and shook it slightly.

"OI!"

She almost dropped the box in surprise.  "A-Areh...?  I didn't just hear a voice, did I?" she laughed to herself again, but this time more nervously.  "That was odd..."

Aoko slowly pulled off the bright pink ribbon and lifted the lid...

"Ah, so cute!" she squealed, seeing the little cute cat boy.  "This is such a cute charm! I should add it to my ba-"

"HUUUUUUUH?!  Who ye' callin' a charm?  I know 'm charmin' n' all, but I ain't no charm!" the neko boy scowled, crossing his arms with a little pout.

"..."

It was quite a while before Aoko responded.  And her response was...

To go to the corner and comfort herself.  "It's just your imagination, Aoko," the ravenette chuckled nervously to herself, trying to console herself.  "That did not definitely spe-"

"Oi, 'm not a 'that'.  I'm Haruki.  Not 'Rukia.  Get it straight!" the chibi figure had climbed up her leg and was now perched on her knee.

Aoko just stared at the little brunette neko boy, then grabbed him by his hood.

"O-Oi!  T-Too rough...!!  Can't b-breathe...!!  'E-Ey!" he swatted at her, flailing.

"..."  Aoko shrieked, dropping him onto the bed.  "Y-You really are talking?!"

Haruki landed with a soft "oof" onto Aoko's soft bed and rolled three times before stopping at her pillow.  "Heck, what 'ave you been drinkin'?" he drawled, patting his jeans clean.  "Of 'ourse."

Aoko tried to take some deep breaths...

Then fainted.