Stay and Scare

"I don't think there's anything paranormal, everything seems normal, but your scars and the pictures say otherwise" A girl said as she pulled her hairs into a bun, by her appearance she looked as if she was in her early 20's but unlike her voice held an intimidating tone, she gave away a very strong, impactful, dominative kinda aura. 

"But Annie..." Shivaay began only to be interrupted in between by her glare as she said him in a warning tone "My name is Miss.Annika Trivedi and it's Miss.Trivedi for you.", which made Shivaay scrunch his nose. He spoke again showing some extra politeness, fake politeness, just to mention" Miss.Trivedi, would you please care to tell me, if there's nothing like what I am thinking it to be, then why is my handsome face showing some ugly scars? Ouch!" He winced as she walloped him lightly making her roll her eyes over this 'chui-mui' as she preferred calling him since school days. 

Miss. Anika Trivedi, a paranormal investigator by profession. A stiff, strict and sassy type of lady, she was way too responsible and mature for her age, though she was younger than Shivaay but because of her good academic grades and her desire to become a paranormal investigator, just like her father helped her achieve her dreams real quick. She believed in sheer hardwork and dedication towards her work and most importantly she was a girl of integrity. 

She, once studied in same school as Shivaay did, and though Shivaay was a friendly flirt and a quite amiable person, she always disliked him for some unknown reason. She just didn't liked his extroverted ways maybe because she was an introvert and that made her uncomfortable.

But looking at her right now, Shivaay wasn't able believe that she was the same girl who sat on the front bench of the class, a nerd who had her big, bulky spectacles on, with braces on her teeth. Shivaay noticed as he observed her carefully she was no longer the same, she grew up to be quite beautiful, with her long shiny hairs that reached till her waist, her dusky skin tone reminded him of the first sun ray of the morning, her lips were plump, with a natural reddish shade, she wore no makeup, she didn't need one but her hands looked rough and worn away, she was nothing like the other girls of her age, but still there was something in her that was attracting Shivaay towards her unknowingly, she held such an aura which could even make the bravest and strongest of men wish to be her submission.

Shivaay wasn't close to her during school times nor he is now but his best friend's girlfriend was fortunately in contact with her, and she passed on her details to her boyfriend, which was further more passed to Shivaay, he knew what profession she belonged to so when the incident that made the brave boy, Shivaay shiver took place, without waiting a second he called her for help, without a second thought. 

"Annika...I mofon Miss, Trivedi, I seriously need your help" Shivaay pleaded as he began to look around to see any trace of someone else in the room, afterall the great Shivaay Singh Oberoi was asking help from the specky nerd, umm...scratch that, smashing beauty.

"I know Mr.Oberoi, and that's the reason I am still standing here despite of your unsuccessful attempts at flirting, you seriously need some help" She smirked as she saw his face draining colours as if he was caught red handed. He didn't expected such a bold reply from her. Damn! He couldn't believe she was the same girl.

"I used all my devices and there seems nothing wrong here, nothing was detected in infarred thermometer, the EMF detector showed no reading and the ghost box recorded nothing, and moreover my instincts are pointing towards something more mysterious than just a ghost's residence, there's something more to it" As Annika said these words, Shivaay jumped on the bed with happiness as he exclaimed with excitement. "Are you serious? You have all those cool gadgets with you? How come I didn't saw that yet...May I please use them once?" His eyes shined as he spoke, he gaze wandered everywhere to get a glance of it, his dissatisfied soul which only craved for something exciting was telling him to go on and search for some ghost, he felt it thrilling. 

"Do you think all this as a joke? Do you even know how risky these things can get? You forgot so soon Mr. Oberoi what was your condition over the phone few hours ago?" Annika was a very professional person and anyone messing with her tools didn't go well for her. 

"I..." He was interrupted in between as Annika said with seriousness in her voice " You may think this all is fake or is nothing true but once you read about the past cases, the paranormal activities in different places, the deaths that occured in the past years, you would realise it's much more complicated and serious than it looks like" The tone and the look in her eyes made Shivaay stiff as a chill went down his spine. "Miss.Trivedi, I am being serious now, how may you help me solve this problem of mine?" 

"It's not easy, for that I need to observe it for a few days, I need to find out the clues and loopholes, if there are any. Its complicated it seems, but one thing is sure whatever it is, I will solve this case." She spoke with determination in her voice. She was indeed very dedicated towards her work, Shivaay thought.

"Can you please stay with me till this case is solved?" He spoke in a trembling voice as he was reminded of the dready night. He realised all his bravery was nothing infront of the activities going in his place and taking her help won't harm at least. Better than getting hurt by the ghost, of what he thought it to be.

Thank you for reading