Beep!

The alarm for 4:30 in the afternoon goes off. You turn off the alarm and save the documents on your computer. Makeup kit in hand, you head over to the pantry. Tonight, there is a business reception hosted by one of Stellis' famous luxury brands: Resonantia. Artem handled one of their contract disputes. So, he was invited. Artem invited you to be his partner for this event.

"I should learn better makeup techniques..." you think to yourself, "oh well, I'll just put on a base for today, least I make myself look like a fool..."

As you prepare to apply your makeup, the doors to the pantry open... after scanning the pantry, Kiki heads straight over to you.

"Y/N, are you going to Resonantia's reception tonight with Artem?" Kiki stands there with a small grin on her face.

"Yeah?" You smile back at her, a little confused.

Kiki grasps your hand firmly. You can see a tingle in her eyes.

"Please! I have only one wish in my life!" Kiki gives you her best puppy dog eyes, as to plead for something she really wants. "Please help me if you can!"

"What is it?" You stand there concerned and even more confused than before.

"At the business reception, my idol will be there as the spokesperson for the luxury brand. If you meet him, can you help me get his autograph...?"

Without waiting for your reply, Kiki tries to explain.

"I'm not forcing you or anything. Just try if you get the opportunity..." Kiki stands there awkwardly, a little flustered.

"Okay, I'll try. But no promises." You smile at Kiki to cheer her up and you can see her face light up with excitement.

Kiki throws you a bear hug before you finish.

"I know, I know! Thank you very much! Y/N, you're an angel sent by God!" You can tell Kiki's so excited she's basically jumping with joy.

•••

"Hey, are you really going to bring Y/N to the business reception?" Celestine questions Artem, honestly.

"Yes, what about it?" Artem questions Celestine's, wondering what's the problem with it.

"The reception invited not only associates, but also movie stars." Celestine has a sly smile on her face, having a feeling about how Artem will react. "I remember the spokesperson, someone by the name of Kanon, will also be attending." Her smile gets wider, as she knows she's teasing Artem.

"You follow entertainment news?" Artem doesn't give a care and continues the conversation out normally.

"Of course not. He's in a TV show that's been popular lately. Something to do with office romance?" Celestine smiles at him again, hinting at the love connection in his own office. "Every girl in the office has been following it. They talk about it every day. That's why I remember. I heard that Kanon has been deemed 'the best senior to have in the office'." Celestine smiles wider, knowing she's teasing him even more.

With no intention in stopping, Celestine looks at Artem.

"Aren't you afraid she'll...?"

"I don't think she will be attracted to a TV show character like that." Artem is quite confident in his own words, having a strong feeling that nothing will happen. "Besides, TV shows are just acting. Real life is different. The basis for a relationship is built on mutual trust and understanding."

"What you're referring is 'love will come in time,' but don't forget that there's also 'love at first sight'." Celestine can't help but smirk, seeing how worked up Artem can get. She takes a second to think, and remembers, "wait... what did you say before? A TV show character like that? How would you know which character? Did you watch the TV show?" Celestine is on the verge of laughing and shock.

Artem coughs lightly and adjusts his suit.

"It's time. Let's go." His face is flushed red and he dodges the question.

•••

As the reception draws near, Artem picks you up and drives over to the reception venue. This is the first time being out in public as Artem's partner. You're understandably nervous. You close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. At that moment, you can hear Artem's voice beside you.

"There's something I need to tell you." Artem says with a serious tone of voice.

"Hmm?" You make a questioning noise, and listen in to what he's saying.

"There are many unique characters at the reception. If someone keeps pushing you to drink, ignore them and come find me."

"The guests at the reception are all big shots in their industry. It would be rude of me to directly reject them..." You don't want to let Artem down, but at the same time you don't want to make a bad first impression towards the guests.

You are hesitant. Even though you lack the experience for these types of events, you don't think that's a very good idea.

"I'm not representing just myself at the reception, but also Themis."

As his partner, you're also kind of representing Artem... if someone denounces your behaviour it might have adverse effects on Artem.

"Besides, there might be potential new clients here..." You get nervous and a little anxious, not wanting to let anybody down.

"I don't need to rely on these social events to get new clients. Same goes for Themis." Artem's more worried about you than some social gathering.

Sensing your uneasiness, he smiles gently.

"Just be yourself." He reassures you that you're going to be okay in there, and to not panic. "I chose you as my partner. Your professionalism will be able to persuade anyone. Trust in yourself. Trust in me."

His tone is calm yet cool, gentle yet firm.

"I understand." You say, astonished that he believes in you so much.