Chapter 11 Part 1

Following morning...

I woke up to the scent of coffee and when I looked over at the clock it was way past 11. I groaned and slowly sat up. My head was spinning, I still felt like shit from last night and aching from where Mark grabbed me all over.

"You're awake," Kelly said behind me. I spun around at once with my eyes wide open, which caused me to almost fall off the sofa.

"Woah, slow down Karla," she said while she came beside me and sits.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her looking around for Mark.

"Well, you were late, so I came to find out what's going on," "Mark let me in and told me you fell asleep on the sofa," she said while handing me a cup of juice. I took it from her and started drinking it slowly.

"I'm sorry Kellz," I said to her. She brushed my neck where the bruises were and hissed her teeth.

"So again," Kelly motioned towards my neck. At the same time, Mark walked out of the kitchen towards me and I tensed up. He walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead.

"I'm heading out now honey," "See you tonight," he said and then walked away. Kelly got up and went to the window, little after I heard Mark's car drove out.

"Okay, he's gone," "Now let's get you showered and up out of here," Kelly said while heading to the kitchen.

We both headed upstairs while I head to the bathroom to shower, Kelly decided to wait on me in the bedroom. I stripped out of my pajamas and stepped into the shower. I turned it on and stood under it until I was soaked from head to toe. I was still feeling disgusted by last night that I started crying. I sat down in the shower for a few minutes, placed my head against the wall, and started crying. I don't know how long I was like that until Kelly came into the bathroom.

"Kay" she called getting closer.

"Yeah," "I'm almost finished," I lied while getting off the floor.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said. I started lathering my washcloth with my favorite soap and started scrubbing my skin. A little after I heard the door closed. I rinsed off and then went ahead to wash my hair, afterward, I conditioned my hair and then stepped out. I wrapped the towel around me, went to the sink brushing my teeth, and took a few deep breaths to walk out. Looking at my reflection it's possible to tell I was crying. Hopefully, I can avoid having a breakdown throughout the day. I opened the door and walked into the bedroom and Kelly was by the window on the floor.

"Uh she just walked out," she said to the person. I walked over to my dresser and sat down.

"Okay," Kelly replied and walked over to me handing me the phone.

"It's Justin," she continued when I hesitated. I took the phone and placed it in my ear.

"Hello," I answered into the receiver. Kelly walked back over to the window.

"Hey, beautiful," Justin replied.

"Hi to you too," I replied.

"I know it's a little short noticed but I told Kelly to drop you off at my law firm when you're done getting dressed," he went on to say.

"I have work Justin and I'm already late," I told him while looking at the time, realizing it's almost noon.

"I had already taken care of that," he said. "Just please, stop by," he pleaded with me. I sighed and gave in.