Not meant to be (JJ x reader, Rafe x reader) part 1

"Hey dad," I said and got down from my bicycle. I had arrived at our family mechanic store with his lunch. I peeked into his office and around all the cars but he was nowhere to be found.

Frustrated I gave him a call but it went into voicemail so I left him a message.

"Hey dad, it's me, I brought your lunch but I can't find you so I think I am going to leave it on your desk, bye."

"He's not here,"a voice behind me said.

"Oh shit!" I said with a hand on my heart
"You scared me."

The boy chuckled rubbing his greasy  hands with a cloth.  I eyed him up and down, he was in a sleeveless tshirt with overalls and a red cap. Dayuum he was hot.

"You must be the new guy," I said.

"Yep, starting working here since last week," he said.

"Any idea where my dad is?"

"He's gone out to look at  some cars to repair them and to sell them later."

"Oh."

There was an awkward silence before I went to his office kept his lunch and said, "so I am gonna head out....," I trailed off indirectly asking his name.

"The name's JJ, JJ Maybank," he said lifting his hat up.

"It's Y/N," I smiled.

"I'll see you around." And got on my bicycle and as soon as I started peddling, within 30 seconds my chain got stuck and I fell on my side.

"Oh shit Y/N," JJ yelled.

"You ok?"

"Yeah I am fine, I guess."

I had a scar on my knee and some scraps but other that I felt fine.

He gave me his hand to get me on my feet and gave me a smile. I took his hand and chanted in my head, "don't blush Y/N don't blush."

JJ examined my bike and said, " I need to fix the chain, it's jammed."

"Oh um how long  it might take?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

"Around 15 minutes."
"Why is that a problem for you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No,no," I said.

"Just wanted to know,"I shrugged and kicked the ground under my feet.

I sat on the tool in an corner and just stared at JJ who was busy fixing my bicycle. I was looking at him but I was deep in my thoughts to realise he was looking at me back.

"You know staring is rude right?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and said, "huh what?"

"You were staring at me princess."

I blushed at that nickname.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise, I was actually lost in my thoughts and didn't realise where I was looking at," I tucked my hair behind my ear.

He smiled and said, "it's fine I was just pulling your leg."

"It's done," he got up.

"Oh um thanks," I said and got up to bring out money from my pocket.

"Nuh-uh,none of that," he said.

"You are my boss's daughter, he would kill me," he laughed.

I smiled and got up on my bicycle.

"See yah around," I waved at him.

"See ya Y/N."

At night and laid on my bed thinking about JJ. My dad will probably kill me for having a tiny little crush on JJ but not gonna lie, he was cute. Just then my phone beeped with a text.
My best friend Sarah texted me to sneak out and go to the boneyard for an impromptu party. So I got ready and sneaked out through my window and went to the Cameron's which was a two minute walk from my house. I climbed up to her window like the pro I was and was about to knock on it when-