𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

The young woman had her hand rested on the short haired woman's shoulder as they stared out into the long never ending forest area. The pair were silent and still the only sound was muffled sobs that came from carol every once and awhile. Rick, Shane, Daryl and Glenn had all gone out in search of Sophia who had disappeared into those same woods not even an hour before.

"why haven't they came back yet?" carol's small voice whispered making isabelle look at the woman with a soft look "I don't know carol, but we'll find her, no matter what." The young woman said full of hope and positivity. Lori Grimes approached with her son, Carl. Both of them looked upset, carl especially and so when lori gave Isabelle a small smile the young woman gave her one back before turning her attention to carl "hey carl, why don't you and I take a walk hm?" she asked softly "we can go see if we can find some comics, maybe you and Sophia can share when she come's back." Carl gave a small nod before following sombrely after the young doctor.

The duo found a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe, it was obviously a family car – all four doors had been left open and nobody was inside but there was a bunch of suitcases and a box of toys in the back of the car – Isabelle searched through the toys before handing carl a Nintendo ds which had a little bit of battery in it – it was a blue colour, carl had gave her a soft smile and taken it along with a small pouch of games "just keep the sound off." She winked watching as he looked over it.

She grabbed a few other toys she thought would come in useful to keep the kids occupied – a board game, a deck of cards and portable cd player with headphones, she decided to keep those mainly for herself.

From where they where she could hear people talking – it must mean the men were back, hopefully with Sophia.

Isabelle looked down at carl who was looking through the ds games and gently she tapped him on the shoulder watching as he looked up innocently "let's go back." She spoke softly earning a small nod from the boy. They walked back side by side to find Shane and Glenn had returned but Daryl and Rick were nowhere in sight.

Isabelle watched as carl headed back over to his mother and sat quietly on the hood of a car while looking happily through the games for the DS. Lori had sent a grateful smile in the younger woman's direction before Isabella headed towards Glenn who was quietly speaking with Dale. The Korean male spotted her heading towards them and approached her "wanna help me move some supplies into the RV, we're gonna try and clear the road a bit more for when the others get back." Glenn's words made the young woman nod – she had confidence in the group, she had ever since they had gained her trust while escaping the CDC, but Glenn, Glenn was different.

She Not only Trusted Glenn but after their talks she felt she could always confide in him, she wanted for him to feel like he could always turn to her too and so when Shane took charge, giving people jobs – she and Glenn worked together gathering some supplies and taking them to the RV while Shane worked on moving some vehicles out of the way.

The duo worked quietly for the first fifteen minutes but as time went on they found themselves talking quietly.

"so before all this – what was your favourite thing to do?" the male questioned glancing over at the young woman, who was looking through a duffle bag that contained female products "hm, well when I wasn't working I enjoyed cooking, baking or going swimming." She stated "but once a week I'd go to this arcade just around the corner from my house and nerd out over all the games." She grinned at the Korean male who grinned back "ah – a gamer girl." He called out as he looked through a box "oh you know it – I had set most of the leader boards with high standards." she joked making him laugh quietly "what about you?" she questioned making the young male shrug "oh you know – watch tv, read comic- Oh god their back" Glenn commented staring over at the group where.

Rick and Daryl had returned and Sophia, well Isabella couldn't see her and her heart ached at the thought of the young girl still being out there, afraid and alone – she wanted to go out there and look but she knew she'd either get herself lost, or she'd mess up the tracks or have the group going off in the wrong direction, she had faith that daryl and rick would find the young girl – daryl the best tracker in the group and rick, a strong leader, they had it covered.

"You didn't find her?" was what Isabella heard Carol say as she and Glenn approached the group who were all standing around beside the road guard rails, "Her trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light" Rick replied looking tired and stressed.

"You can't leave my daughter out there on her own to spend the night alone in the woods" Carol Replied as Isabelle frowned and glanced at Glenn who met her eyes causing them to share a look that said 'oh god.'

"Out in the dark's no good. We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people get lost" Daryl spoke softly, trying to help carol see reason "But she's 12. She can't be out there on her own. You didn't find anything?" Carol sounded heartbroken and Isabelle decided she couldn't listen anymore and quietly walked away to go and sit beside carl who was half way through a race on Mario cart, she was quiet as she watched him but couldn't help but cheer him on every now and then when he moved up or down a rank – but the world was a shitty place and just as he took over first place and approached the finish line – the DS Died earning a groan from the duo who looked at each other and smiled.

The kid put the game console away and the two sat quietly for a few minutes before carl turned to look at the older woman "do you think they'll find her?" he questioned in a quiet voice, Isabelle didn't hesitate as she nodded "they will – your dad knows what he's doing, he's a cop." She spoke softly "and he's a parent – he won't stop looking until we find her, and we will." The youngest grimes sent her a smile before they went back to being quiet.