Chapter 2- Katsuki Bakugou

Something's up. Bakugou had his neck craned down, his eyes flicking back and forth across the front row of the bus. They had already been driving for what felt like an hour, though it was hard to tell without his phone. What's going on? He wasn't pleased when he was ripped out of his sleep for some stupid school trip. But it didn't take long for him to notice that it wasn't some random training exercise.

As he sat there, he began to think about the possibilities for the situation. Were they in danger? Was Aizawa ordered to evacuate them from the school? The option didn't seem right. They were heroes, why would they be shielded from danger like they were nothing but civilians?

No. I don't think that's it. There didn't seem to be many other options, however. Is it possible that this actually is just a training trip? But why would Mr. Aizawa agree to that? He would never want to wake up this early. He continued to run ideas through his head, only puzzling himself further.

Mr. Aizawa. Something about just thinking his teacher's name made Bakugou feel uneasy. Because Aizawa wouldn't. Aizawa wouldn't have brought them out at that time for just a training project. So clearly, there was some kind of danger. But where is it coming from? Why can't I help? Just what the hell is going on? He looked up finally, staring at the teacher's back.

Wait. In his somewhat exhausted state, he hadn't noticed at first. The teacher had even tilted the front mirror away so it was hard to see his face, but once Bakugou saw it, he couldn't look away. Why is he wearing those damn goggles? Does he have to use his quirk for some reason? But... There's nobody around.

Something told Bakugou that if he could just figure out why the teacher was wearing the goggles, all the details would fit into place. He readjusted his seating position so that he was no longer slouched over, allowing him to see Aizawa better.

From there, Bakugou began to analyze everything in his view. Although it was just out of his field of vision, the teacher's right hand seemed to be on the wheel. His left hand, which was barely visible, was gripping some strange device in his lap.

What the hell could that be? His phone? Bakugou had never cared to pay enough attention to what devices people had, but that one, in particular, caught his attention. It resembled a phone but seemed a bit clunkier. It seemed like some sort of communication device, with buttons on the side to presumably control the volume.

Before Bakugou could get a full look at it, Aizawa shifted it out of his line of sight. Damn it, he must have seen me looking. But the action confirmed Bakugou's suspicions. The device was tied to the whole situation. But what is it? And why is Aizawa acting so shady? He couldn't neglect the thought that something was just wrong with the teacher. He wasn't behaving like himself. Sure, Aizawa was typically quiet, but he wasn't giving them anything. There were no details. Bakugou leaned forward in his seat, hoping to get another glimpse of the device.

"Can I help you, Bakugou?" Aizawa asked in a low voice, probably in an attempt to not wake the other students. Something told Bakugou that he would need to choose his next words carefully. Something was wrong. He was convinced. He just had to find a way to go about proving it.

"I was just wondering where we're going," he asked in a non-hostile tone, completely unlike his usual demeanor. If he was right about his suspicion, doing so would confuse the teacher. He could see Aizawa turn his head slightly in surprise. He cleared his throat with a slight cough before answering.

"I told you already, you can't know that," he sounded uncomfortable.

"But why not?" Bakugou still kept his voice light. "If we're training to be heroes, shouldn't we know what we're heading into? I wanna take this exercise as seriously as possible so that I can improve my skills to become the best hero I can be." That's got to confuse him.